4

Your pov...
Weeks past and I slowly got used to school. Ah, fuck that. I'm still not used to it. Laito smirks at me when he sees me and Sam in the hallway; we try our best to ignore him. Shu seems to be ignoring me after the Laito incident. This school was already so much more interesting than any other I've been to, but everyday felt the same. Like being stuck on repeat with the same day over and over again.
I sighed as the last bell of the day rang and I headed outside. It was chilly of course, but luckily I brought a baggy hoodie that was pretty warm. I started my twenty minute long walk home so I could get ready for my waitressing job at a local cafe five minutes from my house. I decided not to drive today because I surprising was starting to like the cold weather. Cars past me and a familiar limo did also. I smiled a little knowing who was in there. I got half way home when I felt like I was getting followed. I looked around and saw no one. I couldn't help but shiver, but I decided to keep walking. Every now and then, I'd turn around to look if anyone was following me. No one was ever there. I got to my house and went inside. I took a quick shower and got into my uniform, which was a white bottom up and a semi-long navy blue skirt. I also had a name tag that I clipped to the chest area of my shirt.  When I was finished, I walked to my driveway where my car was parked. I got into the car and drove down the road. When I reached the small local cafe, there were only three cars in the parking lot. Two of which were the cars of other employees. I walked inside and was welcomed to the calming smell of coffee and pastries. The boy at the register smiled at me. His hair was long, brown and he had it up in a ponytail. His hazel eyes sparkled. "Hey, y/n! Ready for your shift?" I nodded and smiled back.
"As ready as I'll ever be." I looked at dining area. Only an old woman sat at a small table in the corner, reading the paper and drinking coffee. "Its pretty dead today, huh?" I joked. The boy nodded and leaned on the counter. "Yeah." I went behind the counter and grabbed my apron. I tied it around my neck and waist. "Go home and rest, dude. You deserve it." I playfully slapped his shoulder. He nodded and folded his apron, while chuckling. "I will. Thanks." He walked around the counter and towards the door. He turned around and waved a 'goodbye' before leaving. I sighed and slowly walked to the old woman in the dining area.
"Hello. I'm sure you've been asked this, but I wanna make sure you're satisfied. Would you like anything else?" She looked at me and smiled. "Do you have any desserts?" I nodded. "Ah. Yes. Would you like the menu?" Her cheeks developed wrinkles from her smile, but her eyes shone brightly. "Yes please."
I turned around just as the door rang, signaling that we have a new customer. I had to to a double take. A familiar blonde boy walked in and sat in one of the closest tables to the register. I quickly looked at the floor and walked past him. I grabbed two menus from the counter and as I walked past Shu, I sat a menu on his table and said, "I'll be with you in a second."
I walked back to the woman and handed her the menu. "I'll give you a minute. When you need me, just call for me." I told her. I stalked back to Shu's table and smiled at him. "What can I get you, sir?" He looked up from the menu in front of him. He handed it to me. "I'd like a coffee and a piece of the cheese cake." I nodded and went to fix his order. As I walked back to his table with a tray filled with a piece of cheese cake, a pot of coffee, creamer, sugar, and a mug, the woman signaled at me. "I'm ready when you're done." I smiled and nodded. "Okay. Just give me a sec." I said politely. I sat the tray on his table and poured him coffee. "Sugar or Creme." He thought for a second and answered creme. I stirred his coffee and set in on the table. I set his cake on the table and lifted the tray. "Enjoy." I said as I walked to the woman. Before I could speak the bell rang and a loud group of four boys walked in, causing the woman to jump. They sat at a table towards the front near Shu and continued to talk loudly. I rolled my eyes and mouthed a 'sorry' to the woman. "What would you like?" I raised my voice a little so she could hear. She tried to speak but I couldn't hear her so she pointed to it in the menu. She wanted a bag of five cookies. "Anything else...." I was interrupted by one of the boys in the group. "HEY, SWEETHEART! WE'RE READY TO ORDER OVER HERE!" I turned around and smiled. "I see, but I'm trying to help this nice lady since she was here before you. You'll have to wait, sir." The other boys make "oooohhh" noises. I turned back to the woman. She smiled and asked for a refill of coffee. I nodded and poured her some from the pot that was formally place on the tray I was holding. I handed her some sugar packets and went to get her cookies. It took only about two, maybe less, to grab them and deliver them to her table. I walked over to the group of boys and smiled. Obviously it was a fake smile, but they couldn't tell. "What can I get for you boys?" I asked. They all went around ordering different pastries. I brought their order to them shortly after and as I walked away towards Shu to make sure he liked his food, the boy who has interrupted me earlier, grabbed my hips; pulling me into his lap. "Let go of me!" I squeaked; trying to wiggle out of his grip. The boy lowered his head to my neck and kissed it. I tried to get away, but I couldn't. I heard the woman stand up and yell, "Let go of the poor girl!" That's when I became dizzy. Things happened to fast. One moment I'm having my breast groped by a strange man, then the next, I'm against Shu's chest while he's threatening the boys. My boss must've heard all the commotion because he came out of his office and started screaming at the boys. They got banned from the cafe for life.
I forgot I was against Shu so I backed away and looked at the ground. "Thanks for helping me." When I looked up, Shu looked almost scared. "Did they harm you?" He asked. I shook my head no. He sighed in relief. "Y/n, if they would've hurt you, they wouldn't have lived to see tomorrow." He growled. His blue eyes looked like the ocean as a storm was coming. Dark.
I smiled. "You don't have to worry about me." My boss interrupted and thanked him for helping me. My boss offered free coffee for a year. Shu nodded, agreeing that was a good idea. My boss pulled me to the side and made sure I was okay. "If you want, you can go home early. I can call someone in." I smiled slightly. Of fucking course I'd take up the offer. "Are you sure?" My boss nodded.
As I put my apron away, Shu walked up to me. "Can I make sure you get home safely?" He asked quietly. I smiled a little. "I'll be fine. I brought my car. I'm not walking." He shook his head. "I still wanna make sure you make it home safely. Can I ride to your house with you, then walk home when I know you're safe?" I thought for second and sighed. "If it makes you feel better."
We both walked outside and to my car. The car ride there was silent and awkward. When we got to my house, I turned to Shu. "Feel better?" He nodded and we both got out of the car. He walked over to me. "Y/n. I don't understand. I've never been worried or intrested in a human. Yet for some reason, you changed that..." He trailed off. Why did he talk like he wasn't human? He looked around. When he looked at me, his eyes were filled with frustration. "Lets pretend tonight never happened, okay? Don't act like you know me at school or anything. Got it?" I felt kinda hurt by that but nodded. "Yeah and thanks again for helping me tonight." He nodded and started walking away. I went inside and slumped against the front door after it shut. My face was flushed and I layed my head on my knees. "Shit... am I starting to like him?"
A/n
Author-Chan: Long chapter. I'm in a writing mood and I am so happy.
Subaru:You know you could update my book....
Author-Chan: Woah there. Lets not go too crazy.
Subaru: Of fucking course you ignore my book.
Author-Chan: But I have no idea what to write for your book. 😣