16

That night I didn't get very much sleep. Shu had me lay on top of him and he kept the light on.
He fell asleep after telling me stories of him and an old friend called Edgar. When I asked whatever happened to his friend, his face would fall and he'd shake his head. "That's a story for a time your not so shaken up."
As he said that, it registered in my head that one or more of his brothers either killed him or ran him off.
Not long after that, was when he fell asleep again, even though he promised to stay up until I was asleep. I didn't mind though. I knew he was extremely tired and needed rest.
I laid my head on his chest and to my surprise, I heard a heart beat. It was calming. I closed my eyes and not even a minute later, a welcoming darkness sucked me into its warm embrace. I was finally asleep.
Morning sun stalked into my room and onto my face way too early. I groaned and turned my face away from the sun. Now, a little awake, but not enough to move or open my eyes. I began to become aware of my surroundings. Whatever I was laying on was warm and made sounds like chuckling. Something ran through my hair in a soothing way, making me want to purr. I turned my head to where the feeling was coming from and opened my eyes.
I was met with another set of eyes the color of the sea on a sunny warm day.
I smiled and turned so i was now on my stomach.
Shu smiled and whispered a little, "Good morning," as he kissed my nose. I cuddled into his chest.
"Damn, I missed you."
He chuckled again and ran his hands up and down my back. "I know."
A/n
A little fluffy chapter before I watch voltron season 6. Enjoy. 😀