40

Walking into school Monday morning, I couldn't help but smile as Shu and Sam walked next to me. Shu wore a cute dark blue turtle neck and a black jacket. Sam wore a dark red dress and black jacket that reminded me a lot of a biker. She wore bright red lipstick and her eyeliner was really neat compared to anything I've seen her wear. Her fish net leggings and combat boots looked good. I remember her telling Shu, Jeremiah, and me that this was how she liked to dress but was always too afraid to. We finally convinced her to.
We all had our first class together today and it was World History. We went ahead and headed to class early. It was halfway across the school so it took a maximum of 10 mins. The classrom was empty, so we went up and sat in our seats, talking for a little bit. Sam made a joke about the teacher looking like a minion and I agreed, chuckling. It was silent for a second as Shu grabbed my hand and rubbed my hand, looking at the ring that I wore lovingly. I playfully shoved him. "You're such a dork!" I joked. Shu chuckled and nodded. "You're right."  We all looked up when we heard footsteps walking into the room. I had to do a double take when I saw the person. Their short brown hair was styled into a mohawk. They wore a graphic shirt with Loki from the Thor movies. Their green eyes casted up at us, sparkling. A smile spread across their face like it was the happiest day of their life. Sam quickly jumped up and sprinted down the classroom, tackling the person into a hug. Shu and I followed quickly. Tears streamed down all of our faces. "It's you!" Sam squealed. The person hugged her tightly. Shu and I joined the hug. "Thank god!" The person cried. "You're all okay!"