33

Waiting by the car, Sam checked over Jeremiah for injuries. Seeming to find none, she dragged him into the car to find out what happened. Subaru was silent, watching the two. He sighed and leaned his head back onto the car. I glared at the door of the house, praying that Shu would come out any second. We waited a few minutes, but a few minutes turned into a half hour.
Thirty minutes into a full hour.
I began trembling and tears stung my eyes. What if he was gone? He should've been out by now. Subaru growled, pushing himself off the car door. "Wait here. I'll be back in a second." I nodded and watched as he stalked into the house. Once again, we were stuck waiting, only this time a person came out of the house a few minutes later.
I panicked as I saw a familiar fedora and piercing green eyes. I ran to the side of the car and knocked on the door window. Jeremiah and Sam stopped talking and looked at me. I pointed at Laito and they saw him instantly.
Knowing the we didnt have the car keys, Jeremiah and Sam rushed out of the vehicle. "Shit." Jeremiah whispered and tapped his jeans. He didn't seem to have what he wanted in his pocket. "We need to run." Sam stated, Jeremiah and I nodded in agreement. With one last look at Laito, who was slowly approaching, we all ran towards the gardens.
I didn't know that was the exact place he wanted me to go.