17

I sighed and put on the apron, adjusting it so it was more comfortable. Jane leaned over the desk in the cafe. "So, have you heard from that boy that saved you?" I laughed a little.
"What does it matter to you?" I asked as I grabbed my notepad and a pen.
"Well, he got a lifetime deal on free coffee. I was hoping to, I don't know, say hi and thanks for saving my friend?" I turned to her. She was my friend, but I knew she had other reasons for wanting to meet Shu. "And...?" I started.
Jane sighed. "Fine. The boss said he was a good looking man and you KNOW how picky the boss is about looks. So this man must be hot as hell. I was hoping to maybe get laid."
I rolled my eyes, starting to become annoyed. "Look, not everyone wants to sleep on the first date, Jane."
She just shrugged. "Well, then I guess we'll have to go on a few dates." She winked.
I sighed in anger, but didn't make it obvious. I stalked over to a table and made sure everything was alright. At the table sat two elderly couple, looking as if they had just fell in love. "Can I get you anything else before I get the check?" The man smiled. "Can we get a piece of cake to share, please?" I nodded and smiled. "Of course, sir. We have chocolate, cheese cake,..." Before I could list anymore, the womans face lit up.
"The cheesecake will be perfect, dear. Thats mine and my husbands favorite."
I nodded and wrote it down just in case I forget. "Okay. Anything else?" The two shook their heads in sync.
"I'll be right back with you're cake. Just call if you need anything."
I walked back to the kitchen and found a freshly made cheesecake. I cut off a semi big piece and put it on a plate.
I walked back to the table and delievered their food. I heard the door ring and turned around. There stood a blonde haired man with blue eyes. He looked tired, but once he spotted me, he seemed to wake up. "I'll be with you in a minute." I turned to the table again anf the woman looked up at me. "Thank you, young lady." The woman smiled widely at me. Her smile was contagious. "You're very welcome. I'll be right back with the check." I walked away and grabbed the check that Jane had just printed.
After delivering it to the elderly couple and them paying for the food, I watched as they walked out of the cafe. I turned back to get Shu's order, but froze. Jane was sitting across from him, flirting. I felt my heart began to break because on Shu's face was a small smirk. One he'd only do to me when he'd grab my waist and kiss me unexpectedly.
I watched as Jane reached across the table and took his hands. Thats when my faith in Shy was restored. He yanked his hands away. His face no longer held amusement.
I walked up behind Shu, so he wouldn't see me, but Jane couldn't either.
"Didn't you say you were y/n's friend?" Jane nodded.
"Yeah and I want to show my thanks for saving my friend!" She tried to say smoothly. Thats when I stepped in.
"Hello. What can I get you today?" Shu looked over in relief. "I'd like a coffee, please." I smiled and nodded.
"Okay." I looked over at Jane. "Hey, I think its time to take out those cookies you put into the oven, Jane." She nodded and retreated into the kitchen.
I flipped over the mug on Shu's table and poured some coffee into it. "So, how are you today?" He asked. I sighed. "Tired. You?"
He shrugged. "Well, I don't like being flirted with, but it's been okay."
I laughed and sat down next to him in the booth. "Well, I hope it gets better." He leaned over to me and kissed me.
"Its already has."