23

I watched Shu walk out of the room. The teacher was still rubbing his temple. "Everyone can talk while we wait for Sakamaki to come back."
I sighed happily. I didn't want to be here. I laid my head down and tried to rest.
"Um. Excuse me." My head shot up and I looked at the person in front of me. I couldn't tell if they were a male or female. Their hair was cut short and was a reddish brown. Their smile was as bright as their sparkling green eyes. In between their two front teeth was a small gap.
"Yes?" I asked. They rubbed the back of their neck. "I'm Jeremiah McKee."
(Cookies and a custom made one-shot for who ever knows who Jeremiah is)
I smiled awkwardly. "I'm y/n l/n."
They sat next to me. "I couldn't help but notice the book." I looked down on my desk. The third Percy Jackson book sat there, waiting to be read.
"Thats one of my favorite series." Jeremiah announced.
I lit up. "You've read them?" They nodded.
I heard cough from behind me and Shu's seat move. I looked over and grinned at Shu. "Shu, this is Jeremiah." I introduced them. Jeremiah waved, seeming to not be afraid of him.
"Nice to meet you."
The teacher then slammed a book on the desk. "Now that Sakamaki is back, we can start our lesson." Jeremiah groaned, causing me to laugh.

Throughout the day, I realized how many classes I had with Jeremiah. I had 4 classes in a row with them. We became friends rather quickly. Shu even seemed to befriend them.
"So, I've been meaning to ask you this." I started. Jeremiah turned to me and smiled. "Yes?"
"Are you a boy or girl?" Jeremiah began to chuckle. I panicked and put my hands up. "I don't mean to offend you."
Jeremiah shook their head. "You didn't. Trust me." They calmed down and grinned happily at me. "I'm a boy."
I smiled back and grabbed Shu's hand.
"Hey. Want to meet our friend, Sam?" Shu asked. Jeremiah shrugged. "Sure! What could it hurt?"