18

I continued to work and Shu stayed drinking coffee while listening to music. He'd watch me deliver plates of food and taking peoples order. As I was delivering a plate of muffins to a table with a mom and two twins, who were adorable, I heard the bell ring, signaling that the door had opened. I turned around and froze.
A smirking man stood there. Actually a couple did. "Oh. What a poor host! Didn't even welcome us! Maybe we should talk to her boss." The man that haunted my nightmares announced. I walked closer to them and bowed. "Welcome. How many will you be dinning with today?"
Laito's face became serious. "Five." He growled. I nodded and grabbed five menus. "Please follow me." I tried to find a table close to Shu just in case, but the only table open was on the other side of the room. I gulped and lead them to the booth. They sat down.
"What can I get you guys to drink?" I asked, trying to not sound effected by their presence. They ended up all ordering coffee so I went to get the pitcher. When I turned to walk into the kitchen, I saw Shu watching me. Making sure they wouldn't hurt me. I grabbed the pitcher from the stove and walked out. The extremely hot liquid splash around the container while I walked.
I set the pitcher down and got all five cups from where they were in front of the brothers. I poured everyone a cup and just as I was about to walk away, Ayato grabbed the pitcher, which was over half full of the drinkable lava. "Oh, little bitch. You think we'll let you get away from us unharmed?" He stood up and poured the pitcher above my head. I screamed in pain and everyone looked at me. My skin felt like it was melting off. I think at that moment I felt like how the wicked witch felt in the 'Wizard Of Oz'.
A few people got up to see if i was okay as I cried and yelled in pain. The burning wouldn't go away. I looked up and Shu had Ayato by the shirt, yelling. I looked at my arms. They were starting to blister.
I looked up again and my boss was there. He panicked and ran to me. "Y/n! Are you okay?!" I couldn't answer, the burning seemed to be getting worse. He looked up. "Someone call 9-1-1!"
It wasnt long until help showed up. By then, the Sakamaki brothers were gone except for Shu. He rode with me to the hospital, where I spent the night at. They ended up popping my blisters and wrapping both my arms and back.
I was in the same hospital as Sam, so late into the night, I texted her. I was in a hospital bed and Shu sat next to me, but was cuddling into my shoulder.
Y/n: Hey! You up?
Sam: Yeah. Kinda hard to sleep when you're moms making so much noise.
Y/n: well, I'm currently in room 124, if you want to visit me.
Sam: ...... I'll be right there. You have a lot of explaining to do.
I waited a few minutes, playing with Shu's hair.
When Sam arrived she gasped in shock. "Holy cow balls! What happened?!"
I rasied my eye brow. "Holy cow balls?"
She ignored mw questioning her words. "Why are you burned so bad?" Shu sat up. "My brothers."
She was surprised. "Seriously?! Why are your brothers being complete dicks?! What did y/n ever do to them?!" Shu growled. "She's human! I'm not even supposed to talk to her, let alone LOVE her."
Sma rolled her eyes. "Oh my gods! Are you seriously joking with me at a TIME LIKE THIS?! There are no such things as vampires! You two are such babies! I'm leaving until you guys can grow the fuck up!" Sam turned to leave, but the door slammed shut. Shu was no longer beside me, he was at the door.
He smiled, showing his fangs. "Man, most humans are so dumb." Sam backed up.
"What the hell?!" She mumbled. She looked at me. Even I was scared. This new side of Shu sent bad shivers down my spine. The way his eyes thrist for blood and his smile was one of insanity made me want to hide under the blanket like a 5 year old.
He must have seen that, because he calmed down.
He looked at me with a soft expression. "I am so sorry, my love." He came over and kissed my forehead.
Sam coward in fear on the other side of me. Shu looked at Sam. "I promise to not hurt you."
Sam looked at me and I nodded. She slowly walked toward us.
"Okay. So you're not crazy, y/n. Sorry."
I laughed a little.
"Thanks, I guess."
A/n
Do you like voltron? Would you like space emo daddy to claim you? Or to just date him? Check out my new story ThatIProbablyShouldntHaveMadeBecauseINowHaveAnotherStoryToUpdateAndIAlreadySuckAtThat.
But! Yeah. I have a Keith x Reader story now and three chapters are already posted. So have fun. 😀