30

We decided to go back inside the cafe and sit down. We decided on a booth. Shu and I sat on one side, Sam and Jeremiah sat on the other. I sighed happily as Sam and Jeremiah nervously giggled, kicking each other under the table. Shu nudged me and winked, "Looks like someone's in love." I nodded and smiled at them. They stopped, finally noticing we were watching them. Jeremiah turned a bright shade of red.
"So what took you guys so long?" I asked. Sam smiled. "We went to the bookstore."
Shu groaned. We all knew how long Sam could stay in a book store. She could look at the books for hours. "I feel sorry for Jeremiah." I mumbled. Sam perked up, "Actually, Jeremiah wanted to go. He needed to pick up a book. We ended up spending most of the time talking about different series."
"Great. We have another nerd." Shu joked. "Speaking of nerd..." Sam said looking around her. "I think i left my book in the car." She seemed disappointed.
Jeremiah hopped up, letting go of her hand, which he must've been holding on to under the table. "I'll go get it really quick." He quickly walked out of the cafe.
The waiter shortly after came up to us. "Is there anything I can get you guys?" We shook our heads. "We're actually waiting on someone. We'll order in a bit. Thank,you though." The waiter smiled and nodded in understanding. He walked away, taking another tables order.
Shu sighed. "So... Are you in love with him?" He teased. Sam blushed. "What? No..no. I mean, maybe? I havent the slightest idea!" She threw her hands around. I chuckled and shook my head.
I kissed Shu's cheek. "Stop teasing her." I turned to her with a smirk. "Even though she has completely fallen for him." I joked. Sam groaned. "Not you too!" She laid her head on the table. It was silent for a few seconds.
"He sure is taking a long time." Sam mumbled, eager to see Jeremiah again, but she did have a point. It had been a good twenty minutes. The task should have only taken five.
"If he isn't back in five minutes, we will go look for him." I announced. Shu nodded, agreeing with the fact that we'd go look for him.
Silence.
Shu grabbed his phone as it buzzed. He turned it on and pressed a few buttons. He jumped and his eyes widened. "Shit. We have to go. Now!" He growled. Sam and I followed him in surprise. When we were outside, Jeremiah was no where to be seen. Shu ran his hands through his hair. "Shit. Shit. ShitShitShitShit." He panicked. "Whats wrong, Shu?" Sam asked. Shu took out his phone again and turned it on, handing it to Sam. Her hand moved to cover her mouth. I watched as her lips and hands began to shake, her eyes filling with tears.
She shook her head. "No."
Shu took the phone from her hands and handed it to me. His phone screen was opened to his messages.
'You wouldn't want your friend to die, right? Then you might want to hurry. I don't think he will hold out much longer.'
Under the message was a picture that sent shivers down my spine. Jeremiah in a car, tied up. A pool of blood surrounding him. Bite marks covered his arms and neck, even parts of his shoulders.
"How-How did they do this so quick? We saw Jeremiah barely thirty minites ago!"
Shu growled. "The bastard is fast."
"We have to stop him!"
Shu shook his head. "No. We have to kill Reiji."