31

Shu drove like a maniac. He sped down the road to his old home. His teeth grinded against each other.
Anger roared in his veins. I understood his anger. He had lost Jeremiah once and he didnt want to ever repeat that.
I glanced back at Sam. She was shaking for nervousness. Tears stained her cheeks. It was obvious that she had little hope for ever seeing Jeremiah again. When she noticed me watching her, she wipeed her face. I reached back and rubbed her knee since it was the only thing I could reach. "He'll be okay. I promise." I reassured her. She nodded, but I knew she didn't believe it.
I turned back to the front of the car. To be honest, I didn't believe myself. Jeremiah was in the hands of someone who killed Edgar. He was also the man who has been trying to kill me for months. I grabbed Shu's extra hand and held it tightly, hoping to get some relief or calmness. It didn't work. When we arrived, Shu turned to me. "Do not move. Keep the door locked. I'll be back soon." He was about to climb put when i grabbed his arm. "No way are you going without me." I growled at him. He glared at me. "I'm not going to be responsible for your death. You'll be safer in the car." He growled back.
"I don't care. I am coming with you, even if you don't like it." I hissed at him. I heard Sam move and the back door open. "Stop wasting time! Jeremiah could be dead." She snapped. Shu sighed, frustrated, but didn't stop me from getting out.
"Here we go."
A/n
Thank you all for your patience. I am a little better than from a week ago. Loki (Anubis' brother) began getting depressed so we had to get him a new roommate, which Loki seems to be very attacted to. I named him Perseus or Percy which is easier to say.

I found out rather quickly he was very cuddly

More updates will come soon. I want to start a new story but I need a cover maker, to make/remake my story covers nicer. I can't make covers very well. Any one interested?