32

Shu didn't even bother knocking and walked in the house. He turned to me and gave both Sam and me a concerned look. "Stay close to me. If you hear or see anyone, tell me." He whispered. Sam and I nodded as we all continued down the hall. When we were half way through the house, Shy stopped and looked around. His eyes scanning everything.
We all jumped when Jeremiah came almost falling down the stairs in front of us. On the top of the staircase, Subaru looked behind him at Jeremiah then back in front of him. He hadn't seen us. He seemed to be blocking someone from passing him. "Run, Jeremiah!" Subaru growled. Jeremiah, not seeing us, looked up and nodded. He struggled to stand and when he tried to run, he fell. He held his leg as if he had broken it, yelping in pain.
I jumped behind Shu when Subaru came flying down the stairs, onto the ground next to Jeremiah. Subaru watched him for a second then looked at the stairs, where Reiji was now coming into view.
"You shouldn't have gotten involved with this." He hissed. Shu looked at Sam and me. "Get to Jeremiah and help him out of here. I'll deal with my brother." He whispered.
Thoughts raced through my head. Most weren't good. What if Reiji killed him? He seemed to read my mind. He leaned down, placing a kiss on my forehead and promised to come back safely.
Both Sam and I raced to Jeremiah, where Subaru was surprised he hadn't seen us until then. Shu stood in front of us. Reiji squinted his eyes, but smiled. "Just as I thought." He spat. "You came to save your human friend." He shook his head and laughed.
Sam wrapped ome of Jeremiahs arms around her shoulder and I took the other. Subaru eventually stood up. "I'll follow them. To make sure our other brothers don't get any ideas."
Shu nodded, not looking at him in fear that Reiji would attack him.
I took one last look at Shu and then turned, rushing Jeremiah outside.