42

Walking out of school that day was odd. Yuma had agreed to go to the cafe with us to explain where he had been and Jeremiah told us he'd explain where HE was too.
As we walked to the car I thought for a second. "Who's driving?" Jeremiah raised his hand.
"Usually I drive." He commented. "Who's riding in the back seat?" He asks, smirking. Sam skipped closer to Jeremiah and held his hand. "I call front seat!" She cheered. Jeremiah laughed and kissed her cheek. Shu and I groaned. "No fair!" I wined playfully.
As we began piling in, three men walked up to us. "Where are you going?" Ruki asked. Yuma shrugged. "I'm going out with some old friends. I'll see you guys at home later, okay?" Asuna and Jou connected eyes and shrugged, wlaking away. Ruki still stood there, glaring. "You're going some where with him?" Ruki eyed Shu. Yuma growled. "I said, I'll see you at home, Ruki." He hissed, climbing into the car. As Jeremiah drove, I was stuck in the middle seat. It was silent most of the ride. No one moved either, creating an awkward tension. Finally, after what felt like hours, we made it. Everyone exited the car quickly and we all walked in. The smell of coffee and sweets welcomed us as we walked in. Sitting down, we waited until the waitress offered us coffee and went on with her day.
"So, who wants to go first?" I asked, eye contact switching with Yuma and Jeremiah. Jerry sighed and raised his hand. "I guess me." He cleared his throat and began explaining.
"After you guys ran to find Shu, Reiji forgot about me. I wasn't dead, but I was close." He fidgeted. "From what Yuma and Ruki explained, they had come to steal something from the mansion and saw me. They took me back to their place and I was doing really bad. Apparently someone else was there a turned me, but I don't know who." Jeremiah took a drink of his coffee and sighed. "When I woke up, I felt weird. My thirst was crazy. Ruki sat down next to me and explained everything. He said we'd have to go to school, but first to find out how to control my hunger. I spent a few weeks eating tomatoes and different veggies to build my taste buds back. When I finally did, my hunger almost entirely disappeared, so I could go to school." It was silent. Yuma broke the silence. "I learned a long time ago that tomatoes are good substitutes for blood." It didn't make sense to me, but Shu seemed understand. Yuma sighed.
"My turn..."
A/n
Its your boi, sick Jerry. I hope this time I don't end up in the hospital. If you guys read my Subaru story last year, you might remember my trip to the hospital after Christmas. It seems to be getting bad, but lets hope it doesn't get THAT bad.