School [Prinxiety]

Virgil trudged into his new high school while holding his books tightly. He kept his gaze down, so nobody will notice him.

Virgil is your average emo type high schooler. He wears all black clothing, the stereotypical pale foundation and black eyeshadow under the eyes, and the purple bangs that cover his eyes.

Because of his reputation as the "emo kid", people usually ignore him or bully him. He wanted to be like the normal kids in high school, but fate had something different for him.

As he walked, he heard giggling close by. He glanced over and saw a girl wrapped in another boys arms. He looked closely at the boy and his heart started to beat faster.

The boy had purple hair like him, but more tamed. He wore a prince like outfit ("Probably for laughs," Virgil thought) and a smile that can brighten a whole room.

Virgil didn't realize he was staring until the boy looked in his direction. Virgil quickly looked away and scurried off. A blush tinting his cheeks.

"I hope I get to talk to him," Virgil thought, but he knew that was only a hopeless dream.
_________________
Virgil was running for his life. He accidentally bumped into a basketball player at lunch and ruined his jersey.

The basketball player didn't appreciate that and chased him.
"It's only been a week and I'm already getting into trouble."

Virgil continued to run until he tripped over his feet. He fell onto the ground smacked his nose against the ground. Hesitantly, Virgil lifted his hand and touched his nose. He felt liquid and removed it. Blood covered his hand.

Somebody then grabbed his hair and slammed him into lockers. He winced at the force. He didn't need to look up to see who it was.

"You will pay for ruining my jersey!" He then swung at Virgil. Virgil squeezed his eyes shut, but the blow never came.

"I suggest you leave him alone."

Virgil hesitantly opened his eyes to see the boy he saw on the first day.

"Why are you helping this piece of sh*t, Roman?"

"Roman. What a nice name," Virgil thought dreamly.

"Just let go of him," Roman growled. The basketball player let go of him with his hands raised.

"Fine, but I will get my revenge," he then stalked off.

Roman looked over his shoulder. His eyes then traveled to his nose. He gasped and ran to his side, "Are you okay? Did he do that to you? I will kill him." Roman mumbled the last part, so Virgil didn't hear it.

Virgil was quite confused on the concern Roman was giving him. "No, I'm fine. I tripped and hit my nose that's all."

Roman stood up and held out his hand, "Come on, we need to take you to the nurse."

Virgil glanced at his hand and then at him.

"Come on, I won't bite," Roman chuckled that made Virgil's heart melt.

Virgil sighed and took his hand. Roman lifted him up with ease.

"Why are you helping me?" Virgil asked.

Roman smiled the heart melting smile, "What? I can't help my crush?"

Virgil's eyes turned into saucers, "Y-you have a crush on m-me?"

"Yes," Roman simply replied.

"Why? Don't you have a girlfriend?" Virgil recollected from the first day of school.

Roman rolled his eyes, "She was only dating me for my looks which I understand why she did."

Virgil blushed. "I can't believe it. Roman has a crush on."

Roman took his hand and started dragging him to the nurse, "You know, you look cute when you blush."

Virgil's blush deepened.

"Maybe not every dream is hopeless. I hope I don't mess this up."
_______________

(Thanks for the request)624 words

624 words