support group [platonic analogical ]

"please state your name and why you're in here."

"hi, i'm logan sanders and i like to sleep in and binge watch the office reruns." logan said, smiling at the instructure. she sighed and told him to be serious. "i'm logan and im an alcoholic." logan admitted, looking down. 

"hi logan. who is next?"

"hi, i'm roman wright, and i'm recorvering from ptsd from the war." a man, in a disney shirt and grey sweatpants, said. a man in a purple hood mumbled 'thanks for your service'. the woman repeated what she said to logan but changing to name to roman now. 

"hi, i'm patton strokes, and i have major anger issues." she repeated it again and more people went, finally, they were at the guy who had been intresting logan the whole time. 

"hello emily, who is next?" the man just sat there, not saying nything, looking at his feet. valerie put her hand on his shoulder, to encourage him but he just shyed away and glared at her. "everyone, this is virgil. he has major anxiety and minor depression. so for the first activity, we will be choosing partners, and discussing their personal troubles, and offering as much advice as possible. please choose your partner." 

roman got with patton, emily got with terrence, jen got with amy and xavier got with zoe, leaving logan and virgil as partners. logan silently cheered, wanting to know more about this mystery man. he seemed to be having a silent argument with valerie. he sat there, waiting for them to be done until he approached. he pulled out his phone and texted his brother thomas, thanking him for convincing him to go to the therapy group when he heard someone sit next to him. he pocketed his phone. "hello, i'm logan.."

"virgil." he mumbled, crossing his arms, "so your an alcoholic? why don't you just.. stop?" logan laughed and shook his head, smirking. 

"i wish it was that simple. i just- the taste is burning but it's the only thing i can feel ever since he left me." logan shook his head. "i know, that's very pathetic, but i just. he was like a drug to me."

"please, that's far from pathetic. i understand why that would happen. find something else to make you feel, maybe it's music, maybe it's helping at a shelter, but there is something and or someone out there that can help you feel again. so throw away the alcohol and go search for it. you'll find it." virgil said, biting his nails afterwards. 

"thanks, that can actually work.. so what about you, is there a reason you're anxious and sad?" virgil shrugged putting his hand down. 

"not really, i mean, my parents were decent people, and my friends always cared but i've just always felt alone? i don't know.. and like i just get random panic attacks for no reason and it's just so weird."

logan nodded, "well, this all can just be a chemical imbalance, which is what happens when you're depressed for no reason, or many other reasons. if you have a irregular sleeping patern, ect. and for the anxiety it's quite common, so just find people who you can relate to and surround yourself by happiness and acknowledge the issue at hand, accept it, and have a mind set that you will get better." logan said, turning towards virgil and giving him a reasuring smile. 

"thanks... are you like a doctor or something? how do you know all this stuff?" 

"math teacher, actually. i just like learning and studing different things. what about you, what is your profession?"

virgil scoffed, "great, now you just maade my job sound silly." he slumped in his chair, "i'm an artist, painting is my specialty." 

"that isn't silly, art takes time, patience, and even knowledge. it's a very creative job, and i wish i had the skills to make art." logan said honestly. the two continued to talk for the rest of the time, exchanging numbers when they said goodbye. logan waited in the warm sunlight for his brother to come pick him up. 

and for the first time in a while, logan felt something other than sadness or artificial happiness. he truly felt happy. he was staring up at the sky smiling. a car beeped and he looked down, seeing his brother parked in front of him. "hey, little bro, how was the group?"

logan smiled and looked down at his feet, thinking about virgil. "amazing."

there will be a part two soon

742 words.