Standards [Roman and Virgil]

Virgil grabbed his keys from the hook next to the door, "I'm going to the mall!" He was about to walk through the door when Roman bolted towards him.

"I'm coming with you!" Roman exclaimed.

Virgil raised his eyebrow, "Why?"

Roman looked at his reflection on his phone to fix his hair, "I need things from there."

Virgil crossed his arms and made a face, "Like?"

Roman stomped his foot impatiently, "I just need things okay?"

Virgil raised his hands in surrender, "Alright, alright. Let's go."
_____________________________

Virgil was walking around the mall trying to find the gift for his friend, Logan. He remembered a book that he really wanted to read and made it a quest to be a good friend and get it.

Roman, however, had other plans. He ran around each store, finding anything he liked, and bought it.

Virgil felt a little sympathy for Roman's wallet and his bank account. He would definitely have to work overtime after this.

Roman scanned the shelves in a store that was selling Disney merchandise. Virgil had to stop him from buying everything in the store.

With the book in hand, Virgil tried to drag Roman out of the mall. They were so close to the entrance when Roman ran into another store.

Virgil growled and ran into the store that also sold Disney merchandise. After checking the whole store, Virgil found Roman eyeing up the clothing.

Virgil sighed and allowed him to look. They were going to leave soon after all.

"After this, I'm definitely not taking him with me to another mall."

What felt like hours later for Virgil, he had enough.

"OH MY GOD, what is taking you so long?" Virgil flung his arms upward while saying this.

Roman stared at Virgil while holding an Ariel t-shirt. Roman smiled slightly and shrugged.

"I'm a Sanders with standards."

He calmly went back to looking at the clothes like nothing happened.

Virgil gave up and went to the Pretzel court. He needed to calm down. It was only a shopping trip.

Another eternity later, Roman came over to Virgil with a thousand bags in hand.

Virgil raised his eyebrow while staring at Roman, "You finally done?"

"Yep," Roman popped the "p" while sitting in front of Virgil.

Virgil threw his leftover pretzel at Roman and wiped his hands on his napkin.

Roman took the pretzel and ate the rest of it, "Thanks."

Virgil shrugged and stood up. He grabbed the book that started the whole fiasco, "Let's go, princey."

Roman grabbed all of his bags, mostly Disney merchandise in them, and followed Virgil to the car.

After putting Roman's bags in the trunk, they sat in the car. Virgil looked over at Roman, "You do realize I'm not taking you to another mall again, right?"

Roman shrugged, "I had fun, thanks for bringing me along anyway."

Virgil sighed and murmured, "No problem." Without another word, he drove out of the parking lot.

"How do I put up with him?"

Virgil just shook his head at the thought and continued to drive.
___________________________

516 words