support group pt. 2 [analogical]

it was the sixth session when virgil finally came to terms he was falling for logan. it started off as a great friend, to a best friend, and now it has developed into the thing he has always dreaded. a crush. 

and he knew that logan didn't like him back. why would he? virgil felt he had nothing to offer to logan except his problems. virgil wanted to try to lessen his feelings for logan by going with another person for the group activity but that didn't seem to work. "you do know, you can go back to him if you really wanted to." roman said, smirking. virgil blushed and looked back to the task at hand.

"i'm really sorry, i just. i just can't keep my mind off of him, so i thought choosing a different partner would help but it didn't.. again i'm extremely sorry." roman laughed and said it was okay. virgil and roman tried to continue on with the task but he couldn't help but steal glances towards logan who was currently with jen. he looked to be having a great time. 

when they finally got finsihed with the task, it was the end of the session. virgil got up from his seat on the floor and helped roman up. "good luck with him, dude." virgil blushed but thanked him, rushing over to valerie. he tried to avoid logan, knowing logan would tease him for blushing. but logan walked up to him anyways, taping his shoulder. 

"hey, virge. so, how was today? looks like you got the hots for roman." he nudged virgil, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"no, i don't like roman.. someone else. but it doesn't matter. how was you day, did you guys finish your task?" logan nodded and went on the explain their approach to it, there was a sparkle in his eyes, and it fasinated virgil so much that he barley noticed when logan said goodbye to him. "oh... bye!" he stood there, looking at his feet waiting for valerie to say it's time to go.

on the ride back to thier shared apartment was quiet, valerie not wanting to ake things awkward by asking about logan. it was obvious that the two liked each other, that's why no one ever tried to split them up. most even thought that they were together. 

it wasn't until they were at the apartment when valerie said something. "are you and logan dating?" the words came out without hesitation. she coovered her mouth after saying it, seeing as virgil stopped. 

"no... what, has he said something?" valerie couuld tell he was hoping logan had said something, virgil wasn't fidgeting. 

"um, no, he hasn't. but the way you look at each other. and you text each other non-stop. and like, the way you both act when you first see each other, or when someone is leaving.. i don't know, that just seems like either you're dating or amazing friends." 

virgil nodded, hoping up on the counter, pulling his phone out to look for insperation on a new painting. he got a text from logan after a half an hour of searching. 

lo: meet me at the north street park, please. 

virgil didn't hesitate to grab his hoodie and leave the house, power walking to the park. it may seem a little desperate but he couldn't help himself. plus, he always told logan he didn't live far from the places he asked to meet at. after about ten minutes, he saw logan sitting there, and logan looked uncharacteristically nervous. he aproached the bench and sat down next to him. "hey, what do you need?" 

logan didn't reply immediately, continuing to look at the floor. after two minutes, he sighed and looked towards virgil, "number one, i'm sorry if this messes anything up.. number two, wouldyouliketogoonadatewithme?" virgil blinked, trying to decipher exactly what logan said, until he heard logan talk again. "look.. i might. ugh! why is this so hard?" virgil jumped at a car door closing and a man walking towards the two. 

"hey you, you're virgil right? cool. okay, what logan here wants to know is if you'd like to go out with him. so would you?" virgil shook his head yes, confused on who this man was and if this was all just a set up. "great. logan would also like to know if you would like to go out on a date right now to go get ice cream. would you?" virgil nodded again, smiling. "okay. great. well have fun guys, my job is done. goodbye virgil, little bro." and with that, the man left the two, both a blushing mess on the bench.  

--time skip like 3 years.--

skye groaned as her dad's kissed above her head, "come on, daddy! we have to get to school!" logan pulled away from virgil and kneeled down to their daughter's height. 

"skye, it's our anniversary, can't we have a little fun?" logan pouted, making skye roll her eyes and sigh. 

"fine. but i'm not waiting forever." virgil smiled down at the two as skye waited by the door. logan stood up and put his hands around virgil's waist, his head resting in the nook of virgil's neck. they stayed like that for a few seconds before logan pulled away and kissed his husband's cheek. "have to go, i'll be back once the princess arrives at her destination." virgil said bye to the both of them, sitting down on the couch, picking up the photobook off the table. he flipped to the back of the book, where he kept a printed out sheet of their first conversation out of the group. it was on the exact day they met. 

he thought back to then, both him and logan were a mess. but after six weeks they got together. and yes, many fights and disagreements happened, lots of tears were shed. many promises broken, but they got through their problems together, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters to the two. 

wow okay this wasn't supposed to happen but i'm such a sap.. oops. unedited

1005 words