valentines day special [prinxiety]

so like this isn't for valentine's day but if Valentine's day wasn't tomorrow I wouldn't have uploaded for a while.

Virgil walked into the cosplay convention, dressed as Connor Murphy from Dear Evan Hansen and walked over to the musical section looking around from Dear Evan Hansen. He looked around and saw the guy he always seems to match with. He looked at his cosplay and internally screamed. He was dressed as Evan. and even worse, he looks exactly like Evan. his friend, Patton, walked up dressed as Michael from Be More Chill. "It looks like you guys are matching again. I swear you two know each other and are trying to fool all of us."

"You'd think I know the guy by now but we only ever have small talk. I'm always too anxious to go further than that. But hey, he is with Logan right now, who is 'ironically' dressed as squip." Virgil joked, nudging Patton.

"So what if we came together and we are cosplaying together. It clearly means nothing. Anyways, I'm going to get Logan and you're going to talk to your prince in matching armor." Patton said, dragging Virgil along to Roman.

"Patton no, sto- hey Roman," Virgil said awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. "Sorry about patton.. he is persistent in getting people together. I-uh-um I m-mean like friendship!"

When Roman laughed, Virgil felt his heart skip a beat as he blushed. "Yeah, It's totally fine! I would like to get to know you more since it seems you might be my stalker." roman joked, referencing to his cosplay. "But really, it would be lovely to know you better."

"Heh, yeah. So, this might be far fetched, but you like theater?" Virgil asked, "what is your favorite show?"

"Oh, it would have to be any Disney musicals. what about you?"

"Hamilton."

"Oh, really? I took you for more of a Heathers guy, you know? Since you always cosplay as the edgiest characters." Virgil snorted and covered his mouth, giggling to himself.

"You can be the J.D. to his Veronica," Patton said walking past the two, heading towards the singing competition booth. Virgil gasped and glared at Patton, trying to hide his blush from Roman.

"Oh my god, I'm going to kill him!" Virgil groaned. "Literally, it will be a miracle if he makes it out of this place alive," he growled to himself.

"Aw, don't you want to be my J.D.? That's sad. Guess Veronica could never keep her J.D.." Roman sighed dramatically, putting his hand to his forehead. "I guess I'll always be a damsel in distress!"

Virgil laughed shaking his head, "ah, yeah, because you, the clearly muscled, strong, and handsome prince figure will become in distress other than a broken heart." Virgil joked, pointing out Roman's features, "and I, the vulnerable, weak, and short guy can be your savior!"

"Aw, you think I'm handsome! And strong! I am absolutely flattered, my damsel in distress!" Roman flirted, winking at Virgil.

"I- I" Virgil stuttered, he groaned and buried his face in his hands. "I swear to god, I'm killing Patton."

after the convention, like two weeks. roman and Virge have been talking.

Virgil walked into the convention at his hometown, praying roman wasn't there this time because although they were now friends, Virgil had a major crush on him. Of course, he'd fall for the guy Patton teases him about, would the world be right if he didn't?

Patton convinced him to dress as John Laurens from Hamilton. he wanted to go as King George but Patton said that John suited him more. So he complied, of course, taking his best friend's word for it. Eventually, he got to the musical section and scanned the area for Patton. Patton was standing by a guy dressed up Daddy Warbucks. he laughed and made his way over. As he neared he noticed the man was Patton's friend Logan. He looked at the two suspiciously and went to say something but was interrupted. "Hh, hello, Laurens. Are you back from the dead?"

Virgil gasped and turned around. Roman stood there dressed as Hamilton. "It seems like you're the stalker!" Virgil joked, laughing awkwardly. "Oh wow, we're matching yet again. And it's another popular gay ship... I'm starting to think this is some sort of set up to mess with my head."

"Maybe it is," Roman shrugged, stepping closer to Virgil, "or maybe it isn't. (;/'[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[-=- contribution of my cat.) Only time shall tell."

Virgil blushed when Roman kissed his hand. and after that, roman walked off to go talk to another group dressed as Hamilton. And they didn't talk for the rest of the day until everyone was leaving. Roman knew this was Virgil's hometown so he offered to take him to his parents' house, where he was staying for the night.

"Well, here we are. Thanks for walking home with me, I appreciate it a lot." Virgil hugged him, roman hugging back. They pulled away after a while. Virgil blushed and pulled away, looking into Roman's eyes. The two slowly leaned in and kissed, it was a cute, small kiss.

Roman ended up coming in and spending the night, meeting Virgil's parents in the morning.

it's currently 11:59. so its still valentines day!

822 words