satan's best friend

trigger warning : death, cursing, gun shot, blood

logan can't remember when he signed the contract but it wasn't recent. his best friend was satan, and although now there was no way he was going to heaven, at least he 6wouldn't be lonely. "so is your name just satan or..?"

"nope. my name is roman. and i'm technically not satan yet, my dad just is just letting me test everything out."

logan nodded, and continued the conversation. "what is it like down there? is it how everyone explains?"

roman thought for a second, "yes and no. it really depends what you're sent down there for, for example, you'll be on a higher tier because you really didn't do anything wrong, but someone who killed people will be on very low tier.

logan nodded and fiddled with his hands, kind of regretting his choice because what if he was tortured for the rest of eternity for wanting a friend? he felt roman's hand on his knee and looked up. "don't worry, it's not that bad."

"okay." logan took in another breathe and looked up, "so, tell me more about hell."

________

it was a few years later and roman could tell logan was running out of time to live. roman now ruled the underground and had access to everyone's death date. he didn't particularly like it, but there wasn't much he could do. roman looked at logan's time and realized he only had one year to live left. he couldn't tell logan yet, he would have to wait for six months of his life to tell him. all roman could do was encourage logan to live more. "go to that party, it could be fun."

"or it could be messy and a bad night. i'd rather stay inside and sulk, thank you very much." logan sank back into his couch and picked up the book he was currently reading. roman sighed heavily, "seriously? you've never been to a party before, it's really fun!"

"but so many things can go wrong-"

"but so many things can go right, also." roman took the book from logan and saved his page. "so go get ready, if you really want i can go with and make myself seen so you can talk to me."

logan looked at roman unimpressed, he groaned and stood up, "this better be the best damn party ever." he mumbled under his breath. roman just laughed and got ready himself.

---------

it was the day roman was dreading, logan was going to die. he was going to tell logan when he would die six months ago but he was having so much fun he couldn't ruin this for logan. logan's current friends knew about the deal logan made, so roman went to them. "virgil." roman heard a shriek and virgil popping up from under the counter, "jesus christ! you scared me half to death."

"funny you mention death." roman said with a blank face. "i have something to tell you, and you can't freak out and you can't try to prevent it." virgil's mouth fell open slightly as he nodded for roman to continue. "today," he took in a deep breath, "logan is going to die tonight."

"what? you're joking, right? haha very funny, what did you really want?" virgil began to panic when roman wasn't laughing, and was gazing at the floor. "what the fuck! you expect me to sit here and not do anything?"

"virgil, you can't prevent the inevitable. he can still visit down here, he just, will be dead to the rest of the world." roman explained looking back up at virgil.

"fine, but we have to tell patton."

------

telling patton didn't go very well. he cried a lot, roman felt bad for virgil and patton, but roman was planning on giving logan the ability to go down and talk to them.

what roman felt bad about the most was the fact logan would probably never find love. although it really wasn't his fault, he still felt terrible about it.

roman looked at the clock and realized what time it was. he teleported to logan's side. he was walking alone back to his apartment. any minute now someone will-

roman covered his ears as they stung from a loud gunshot. roman squeezed his eyes shut, hoping logan would have died instantly and not suffered at all. roman opened his eyes and stared at the ground, seeing blood trickle down the sidewalk. he held back the urge to look at logan and went down to hell where logan would be.

when he arrived, he was at the beginning on the long line of damned souls. he began to walk to the back of the line, seeing many people flinch at his presence. he continued down until he got to logan. logan was crying on some guys shoulder who was also crying. "logan, come with me."

logan jumped and looked over to roman. the people around him gasped and watched intently. logan proceeded to follow him, ignoring everyone else, so glad to see roman again.

"what happened? i know i died, but how.. it happened so fast i don't remember anything." logan asked, fiddling with his fingers.

roman waited until they were in private. "you were shot. i'm guessing it killed you on impact, luckily." logan nodded, "i'm sorry.."

"don't be, i have everyone i need right here. i mean, i'll miss virgil and pat but you're really the only one i really need."

roman blushed, smiling at logan. "you can still visit them, i promise." logan looked up and smiled back at roman. he couldn't be happier.

that's all. hope you guys like it, also my schedule will be I'm posting friday, and if its not friday than it'll be saturday or two posts on the next friday

964 words