he [moxiety]

t.w. one curse word

this oneshot wasn't based off of she but i feel like she almost fits this situation.

it was the 20th of may when they got together. virgil and patton and were both so happy. they couldn't wait to see each other tomorrow. he excitedly texted his groupchat to annouce the relationship.

everyone supported the two and thought they were already so cute. they also came up with the ship name 'vat'.

virgil could hardly contain himself. he was smiling so wide and he cuddled up to the life size stuffed bear he got.

the next morning he hurridly got ready, he desperatly needed to see patton before homeroom. virgil had to wait for his three other siblings to get ready, so he spent that time reading through his and patton's messages, smiling widely.

as soon as his siblings were ready he hoped in the car, tapping his foot anxiously. the drive to school wasn't that long but they had to stop for his sister's boyfriend so that added more time for not seeing patton. once they finally got to the school virgil jumped out of the car and walked quickly to the front doors.

he immediately ran to the spot he usually waited for his friends and looked for patton. he slowly realized that his bus was still out and sigbed sadly.

it took a while for patton's bus to arrive but when it did virgil ran up and hugged him. "hey, patton." he smiled widely.
----

it had been a month since patton and virgil got together and everything was going smoothly. sometimes patton would get to close for comfort but virgil didn't really mind because it was manageable. but today was their one month anniversary. virgil didn't have timd to get patton anything seeing as the time creeped up on him but patton got him a ton of art supplies.

it may have been the cheap crappy stuff though virgil didn't care at all because it came from patton so he loved it. virgil and patton spent homeroom together since they had no classes together, even though virgil usually went to the band room.
-----

"i just wanted to let you know that patton needs to talk to you." deceit said once they got into science. virgil looked at deciet anxiously.

"about what?" he asked, playing with his sleeves. deceit just shrugged and sat down in his assigned seat. virgil took a shakey breath as he sat down. he spent the rest of class not paying attention to anything as terrible scenarios.

it was the next day. patton ended up breaking up with virgil at lunch. for the rest of the day virgil couldn't stop crying. virgil had explained the situation to his math teacher, his reading teacher, his science teacher and the school nurse. they all tried their best to console him.

also, lucky him, he had band practice for an hour after school. he was crying most of the time, he heard a homophobic remark exchanged between ethan and aloura about his situation. he felt so sick to his stomach.
------

it had been a week since patton and virgil broke up, patton seemed totally fine and hsppy while virgil still teared up in class, especially today. today would have been their two month anniversary. virgil ended up forcing himself to become sick so he could go home.
-----

one more week passed by, virgil and patton were now talking, well texting currently but everything had been fixed after the day he went home. patton was going on about something virgil couldn't remember for the life of him.

p: literally i miss you so much

v: i miss you too..

p: well. i dont care what my parents say, we should get back together.

v: i dont know.. i dont wanna get hurt again.

p: i promise i will never do that to you ever again. im so sorry for it and i promise i will never ever hurt you again <3

virgil ended up back with patton. he really hoped that he wouldn't regret this.
------

it was the last day of school and virgil and patton spent the whole day cuddling in a classroom that virgil wasn't too familiar with. it was a teacher's aid room that patton had, the class room was very small with only a few students in it even though it was insanely loud and rowdy.

virgil couldn't be more happier and he truly believed things were looking up for him. oh boy was he wrong.
-----

everything was great. even though virgil and patton couldn't see each other anymore, because virgil was banned from patton's house and patton wasn't allowed to go anywhere without his homophobic mom, they still managed to text every night.

patton had to be even more secretive to his parents ever since that incident, and virgil was okay not talking to patton twenty-four seven if it kept patton safe.

on june 19th patton texted virgil telling him he wouldn't be able to talk for basically the rest of the summer. 

again, virgil had no problem with this, as long as patton stayed safe. that was his main priority.

virgil checked patton's social media and saw him still active and got confused. he read his tumblr posts and saw that patton wasn't as busy as he claimed. this made virgil fill with rage. why would patton do this? he fell asleep that night crying because of the previous events.

the next day he told his sister. to say his sister was pissed would be an understatement. she ended up sending patton a lovely text that led to patton flipping out and telling virgil he is deleting his account.

virgil freaked out and apologized about his sister. patton didn't give one single fuck.

virgil finished everything with one simple sentence.

v: thanks for leading me on again.

venting is very fun.

in that situation i was virgil and all of that actually happened except i didnt use the real text messages

i like lowkey highkey wanna die so sosososo so much. and i wish i could talk to a person but everyone who offered im too scared to message. kms.

stay safe. byeee

979 words