some princes don't become kings part two [no ship]

roman woke up to a pastel blue ceiling. blinking back the slight blur from just waking up, he sat up and looked around. it looked like he was in someone's bedroom. "hello, i see you're awake." roman jumped at the sound and turned around.

"who are you?" roman demanded, his hand slowly inching to where his sword was. the strange man lifted his hands in defense.

"i am virgil. me and my friends found you after you were attacked." the man– virgil– explained. "what were you doing out alone?"

roman didn't trust virgil, there was something about him that wasn't right, it wasn't normal. he said nothing and brought his knees to his chest. virgil sighed and left the room, roman looked around to see if there is a way he could escape. he heard footsteps and someone else walked in, they looked a lot friendlier than virgil. "hey, kiddo! i'm patton! what's your name?"

roman looked at him, he didn't get the same vibe from patton, "roman.." he muttered. "where am i?"

"you're in kingdom égalité." patton explained.

"kingdom equality...?" roman asked, hoping he translated the french correctly. patton nodded, smiling widely. "why is it named that? also is this really a kingdom..?"

patton sat down next to roman. "because we believe everyone should be treated equally, no matter gender, sexuality, normality. none of that matters here." he smiled to himself, "and yes, it is small and new but it is a kingdom. you were just speaking to our king– well technically he is."

roman nodded looked down at his nails that had dirt and blood under them. "what do you mean technically?"

"everyone is equal, and virgil doesn't like being referred to as a king, even if that is what he is." patton paused, thinking of words. "behind closed doors, he is equal."

"why was he chosen to be king?"  roman questioned.

"he founded us. we wouldn't be here without him, most of us would be back at the torturous camp where we were sent." patton explained.

roman furred his eyebrows. "camp..?"

"i do not want to interrupt but you are requested by elliot." virgil was back in the room. patton nodded and left. "to answer your question, the camp most of us were sent to was for if you have abnormal abilities. for instance, patton can communicate with animals."

roman's eyes widened, his father told him about these people before, they were dangerous and unable to be trusted. he backed away from virgil slightly. "we do not wish to harm you, only help you. you were attacked, you almost died. if we were going to hurt you we would have left you to die." virgil went to put his hand on roman's shoulder but roman flinched away. "my father warned me about people like you. you people killed my mother!"

"you're over generalizing." another voice spoke up. roman looked over and saw another man, "who ever did kill your mother was not everyone in this kingdom."

roman didn't speak up, he was terrified of the two of them, they both had this cold and scary aura to them that patton didn't have. "what are your powers?" roman eventually spoke up after a few minutes.

"i have telekinesis." the mystery man spoke up, "i am logan, by the way."

"i.. i am the supreme (can males be the supreme? idk. i couldn't find something saying they couldn't.) witch, i'm not sure if you understand that, though." roman shook his head, suddenly intrigued. "well, i.. how do i explain this? uh," virgil glanced over at logan, silently asking for help.

logan cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses, "it is basically in the title. it is a witch that must accommodate the seven wonders, telekinesis, divination, transmutation, pyrokinesis, concilium, desencensum and lastly vitalum vitalis." logan explained, "the supreme must have all of these, virgil does. but there are other powers available to the supreme but it is usually only able to achieve from blood line."

roman nodded, trying to take in this information. "can you like... show me something?" the two nodded and logan used his powers to bring a candle to him while virgil lit the candle. roman watched in awe, it was unbelievably cool that they could do that. "that was amazing.. i'm sorry for judging you all.."

"it is fine." logan said, giving a small smile. "where are you from?"

"kingdom edonna. i am prince roman." virgil took in a sharp breath, logan and roman looked at him expectedly.

"i am sure your father is expecting you?" virgil changed the subject. roman nodded, "very well, i shall go prepare your steed and find someone to guide you back safely." and with that virgil left in a hurry.

"what was that about?" roman asked logan, but he just shrugged. a few minutes later, patton came back into the room. "roman, are you ready to leave?"

"yes. oh! what time is it?"

"four thirty." patton replied, having just checked the time. roman cursed under his breath. "thank you, i must go though, now. my father is going to be very mad."

"goodbye!" patton smiled, waving as roman ran down the corridor. once he was outside there was his horse and another man. "hello, roman, is it? i am here to help you home." roman nodded and got onto the horse and the two of them rode to the kingdom of edonna. when they finally arrived it was five. roman thanked the man and entered his kingdom, quickly.

as he reached the throne room, he heard an echo of voices. "what? i cannot be king! i am not ready at all-"

"roman isn't either. you're our best hope." roman's heart dropped in his stomach.

"but father, roman has worked so hard for this position-"

"he cannot follow a simple curfew, how is he prepared to take over my kingdom?"

"you don't understand-"

"no remington, you don't understand." his father boomed making the two sons flinch. "you truly do not understand."

"i'm sure i do-"

"there is something i haven't told you about roman." said man sucked in a breath and chewed on his bottom lip. "and it involves your mother. she- she is alive, remy."

dudes its been three days into band camp and drama has already started help.

also i literally am bashing myself for not memorizing the music despite it being t h r e e  d a y s  i n

lastly thomas's new video was so amazing!! ahhh!!

1085 words