band practice [platonic lampr]

more happy than not by adam silvera is an amazing book and you all n e e d to read it.

the song mentioned is above though we(we in purcussion)basically composed our own parts in it cause we didn't like the sound of it before.

also like t.w. a few curse words but nothing negative

virgil sighed as he looked over the band room. there he saw eli, the saxaphone section leader, and anna, the french horn/melophone player, making out. his best freind remy leans over and whispered into virgil's ear, "it's friday. you know what that means. fucky friday!"

"shut up! i don't need to hear their sex life!" virgil whispered back, pushing remy away. virgil pulled his attention back to the band room. he looked over to see a flutist and clarinet joking around, another flutist talking to the section leader.

he looked over to the loudest section, the trumpets. his friend, roman, was over there joking with the younger members of the trumpet section about how amazing he was.

logan, a clarinet and his other friend, was hanging with patton, the one piccolo and his best friend/dad friend. there wasn't anyone else in the band room at the moment because they all were technically supposed to be in class but the band director wrote them a pass to clean the bandroom but they all ended up finishing early.

virgil sighed, he was really bored so he decided to go over to drumset that still wasn't put back from jazz band. he picked up sticks from the ground and started playing louie louie.

roman dramatically gasped and went to go grab his trumpet. "come on, everyone! let's play with virgil!"

virgil stopped and waited for everyone. patton squealed excitedly and grabbed his piccolo. eli, anna, logan, haily, julie and alana all got their instruments. "remy, why don't you join in?"

"cause fuck you." he said, hiding behind the timpani and putting his headphones in. virgil just shrugged and counted off with his sticks. one they started playing they continued to play different songs after finishing each one.

the order of the songs went louie louie, then don't stop believin, a land of a thousand dances, jeremiah was a bullfrog (joy to the world) and finished off with ina gada divida (lol idk how to spell it cause im dUMB) before having to stop because of noise complaints.

"wait! can we do one more please! it won't be too loud this time! i promise!" patton pleaded.

the slovinator (nickname for my band director) sighed but hesitantly agreed. patton squealed and ran over to virgil. "can you please play jig 2?! just the quint solo?" he whispered quietly.

"whoa! patton i'm not that good at it yet!" patton pouted at virgil's statement and gave him puppy dog eyes. "okay fine, under one condition."

"anything!"

"if i mess up once i'm allowed to chug a gallon of bleach." patton glared at virgil for that statement but agreed anyway because he knew virgil wouldn't do that either way.

virgil silently cheered as he got out the quints and put them on. virgil turned to everyone as they were staring at him. "what are we performing?" roman asked.

"jig two. it's for patton. oh, and it's only for percussion." virgil stated simply and began playing. eli and anna laughed at the mary had a little lamb part but immediately shut up after he got past that part.

patton looked at his 'son' proudly as he recordes him. "that's my son!" he squealed once virgil started the quint solo.

after virgil finished he dropped the sticks, shaking his hands. "i'll never get used to that."

"that was amazing!" the band director beamed. "once marching band starts up again you need to do that in the stands!"

virgil smiled. "will do. i'm gonna put this away now." he said after the last bell rang.

virgil was quick to put them away, and he joined up with the small group of people his friends were walking with. up ahead he noticed the trumpet players from earlier. "hey, trumpet children!"

the group of kids turned around and looked at virgil. "yeah?" lucas asked.

"you know what i did back there? that's called good playing. you know what roman does? that's mediocre playing and boasting about yourself. be like me." everyone laughed at virgil except roman.

"oh you're so dead!" roman shouted and chased virgil outside, both laughing.

bonus;
as virgil glanced around the room roman chatted with his fellow section members. "so let's be honest. we're the best section. so, since we are, you can make jokes during the band directors instructions and go on your phone when you're not playing because thats how us trumpets roll!"

all of this was based off or again irl for me 10/10 experiences.

but like we're doing jig 2 in the stands and im supposed to go on snare (this is my second year) and im terrified because everyone expects so much from me and im just over here, band camp creeping up on me, and im just chilling having an existential crisis every day

send help

800 words