Chapter 2

Chapter 2

It has been 3 days, and I still haven't spoken to both Jason, and Lucas. What did I expect? Jason apologizing and forcing me to socialize with Lucas again? Obviously not.

It's finally Friday, and I have 8 hours to go until the weekend officially begins, and wearing onesies take over.

I jump out of bed 10 minutes after my alarm rings, and quickly get ready. I settle with a grey t-shirt with comfy black shorts. As I'm adjusting my strap from my bag from the kitchen, there's a knock on the door.

I'm about to shout that I'll get it, before I realize my dad let 5 minutes prior.

Jogging to the door, I open it, and look wide eyed at the person in front of me. I finally come to my senses a second later and shut the door on him. Hopefully hurting him in the process.

Just as I'm about to turn around, he starts to knock repeatedly, "Come on Emma, we need to talk," he says behind the door.

I grit my teeth, and open the door slightly, giving him the fakest smile I could muster, "You're right Jason, but I'm so busy right now. Maybe I could schedule you in close to never?" I slam the door straight after.

Walking back to the kitchen, I check phone. School starts in 10 minutes and it's a 20 minute walk. Dammit.

I rush to the basket in the center of the island, and grab a banana. Following that, I open the cupboard, and take a bottle of water. Through all of that, I'm cursing at myself for not saving up for a car.

Once I lock the door to my house, I turn around and see Jason leaning against his car on his elbows, looking straight at me, I raise my eyebrows, "Can I help you with something?"

He pushes himself off the car, and walks until he's right in front of me. He tilts his head to the side, and gives me a small pout, "Let me drive you," he mumbles silently, but loud enough for me to hear.

I look at him in shock, and laugh in his face, "Me? Go in a car with you? And end up being charged for murder in the end? Nah I'm good," I slap his arm, a little to hard to be considered playfully, and smile at him, "Bye!"

As I'm about to turn around, I feel his grip on my wrist. Looking back up, I see him using his puppy eyes on me. Oh crap.

"Come on. We both know you hate being late because it's awkward. If you drive with me, you'll even have enough time to go to your locker," He says positively.

He's right, of course. Being late means coming into a silent class with everybody looking at you, and I'm not exactly cheering for people to pay attention to me. I think about it for a moment. The drive is easily a 2 minute drive. I could simply pretend to text someone.

I look back up at him, and clench my jaw, "Fine, but no talking," you win this round Jason.

Once I walk across the lawn to meet his black BMW 528i, Jason rushes to my side and opens my door.

He smiles at me which would normally make a girl swoon at his feet, but luckily, I'm not affected by him, or Lucas's devious ways.

I smile back at him, and me being petty as I am, I shut the door, and open it myself.

Once I close the door, I glance outside, and see him rubbing his temples.

He jogs to the other side of the car, and once he's seated, he buckles his seat beat and reverses out of his driveway.

Just as I'm about to pull out my phone, I hear him say, "I'm sorry, Emma."

I stare at him blankly, waiting for him to elaborate.