Chapter 6

Chapter 6

It took me 5 seconds to regret coming to their party once I've entered Jason's house.

Thank God I'm his neighbor, so I didn't have to find parking because my whole street is filled with cars, not to mention the dozens of people in front of his lawn.

Just as we're walking up the porch steps, I suddenly hear wolf noises. "Emma Sullivan, what a surprise!"

Standing right beside of the front door is Mateo Velez, one of Jason's old friends from camp.

I give him a friendly smile, and once I'm near the door he pulls me in for a hug.

Me, being the uncomfortable person I am, awkwardly pats him in the back and gently pushes him away.

"I haven't seen you in a while Sullivan, what's new?" Mateo asks with a friendly grin.

Oh you have no idea.

I casually shrug and send a small smile his way. "Not much. Hey, I need to get inside, but I'll catch up with you later, okay?"

He nods, and ruffles my head before letting me go.

Once we've all stepped foot in the house, Jasmine grabs my arm and turns me around. "Who's that smoking hot cappuccino?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

Anna purses her lips, and nods in agreement. "Yeah, I haven't heard you talk about him before."

I shrug nonchalantly, and begin looking around the room. "He was a friend of Jason's back in camp, I think the summer going into grade 5."

Jasmine nods, and looks around the room as well. "Uh, hey I see a friend of mine. I'm gonna go say hey, I'll meet you in a little while okay?" She asks, giving me a friendly smile.

We all nod, and watch her walk off to some guy I've never seen before. Maybe he's new like me?

Lauren suddenly groans, bring mine and Anna's attention to her. "I want to drink. If I'm gonna wear a skirt, I'm gonna need something to help me forget it."

She then grasps onto both of our wrists and drags us to the kitchen.

Once we've made it to the mother load, I start looking around the room again. A few moments later, a shot glass is in front of both Anna and Lauren.

Anna's reaction resembles an afraid puppy, however Lauren seems to be demonstrating a tiger, ready to pounce on her pray.

Before they start drinking I quickly interrupt their moment. "Hey guys, I'm gonna go look around for Jason, alright?"

Without looking at me, Lauren shoos me. "Go find lover boy."

I raise my hands in surrender and begin making my way out of the kitchen. In the corner of my eye I spot Dylan, who's staring at Lauren. I quickly put my head down so he can't see the smirk on my face.

Looks like your lover boy found you.

Once I've checked the whole first floor, I begin making my way up the stairs, and spot a sign that says, No Hooking Up In Bedrooms!

Like that'll stop them.

I walk past the sign, and walk to Jason's room, where I assume he's hiding.

Once I've opened the door, I'm enveloped in complete darkness. Just as I'm about to leave, I begin to her moaning. Coming from his bed.

Waiting for my eyes to adjust to the darkness, I squint my eyes and immediately recognize Lucas on top of another person.