Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Three weeks.

It's been three weeks since I've seen both Jason and Lucas. And I couldn't help but be at loss for words.

"Lucas," I whispered with a soft smile, and he began to step closer to me, but froze just at arms length when another voice entered our silent conversation.

"You took longer than I expected, Emma," Anthony's voice echoed behind me, and I made sure to block his way to Lucas.

Lucas, however, didn't let me take control before stepping in front of me with a stiff posture.

Looking over his shoulder, I noticed Anthony glancing at the broken part of the gate in Lucas' tight hold before chuckling. "Well that cancels our suspicions, doesn't it?"

"What suspicion?" Jason asked, and Anthony sent him a smirk.

"These gates are laced with a certain metal that... some witches are weakened to," he eyed Lucas. "Hunter's aren't affected."

My jaw clenched as I stood in front of Lucas, grabbing the metal out of his hands before eyeing his wound.

"Sasha, Misha, come bring the boys upstairs," Anthony shouted suddenly, unlocking Jason's gate with telekinesis.

"In your dreams," Lucas retorted behind me as I watched Jason exit the gate slowly.

Noticing it now, I found that their clothes were covered in either dirt or rips.

I couldn't even hug either of them before the men Anthony called came from the end of the hall.

Jason looked at me once more before hesitantly following Misha who grabbed his upper arm.

Now, all that was left was Lucas, Anthony, and I. But let's not forget Sasha.

"Let's not make this hard, Lucas," he sighed.

"Fuck off," Lucas snarled, now moving his arm around me just before bringing me closer to his chest.

Anthony's eyes narrowed at the action before nodding his head once in our direction.

In seconds, Sasha moves in front of the both of us before prying Lucas away from me.

Lucas immediately threw a punch, aiming directly at his face.

Sasha didn't have enough time to wince at the pain before putting a cloth — most likely laced with something— under Lucas' nose, covering his mouth as well.

Just as I was about to follow them, Anthony stuck out his long arm, preventing me from going any further.

"Why can't I see them?" I hissed, and he looked down to me with a smile as though he knew something I didn't.

"You will see them soon, Emma. But until then, I need you to behave," he said, bringing his arm down.

I sucked in a large intake of breath before nodding slowly. "You won't hurt them?"

Anthony smirked. "Promise."

Suddenly, he stood next to me before lifting his arm out. "I'll walk you to your room," he sent me one final look. "Shall we?"

All of Thursday was spent with me anxiously waiting for Anthony to let me visit the boys, however, he was no where to be found.

On Friday, I managed to fall asleep, only to be woken up at ten by Fay.

"Come on Emma, breakfast is gonna be served in twenty minutes," she started with, and a loud groan left me before I sat up on the mattress.