Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"Excuse me?" Lucas's voice hardens, and I suck in a harsh breath as I tighten my hold on the railing upstairs.

"Lucas, I'm curious to how you haven't realized you're... what's the word. Different," Xavier questions, but has a devilish smirk on his lips.

Lucas furrows his brows together. "What?"

Xavier sighs in exaggeration as he takes a seat by the dining room table, which is out of my view. "You're telling me you never questioned how you were able to access all three T's without no struggle? Or how you were able to sense another witches presence?"

Lucas's mouth gapes open, realizing how true his father's words are. "Why are you just telling me this now?" Lucas demands, a low growl erupting from the bottom of his throat.

Xavier smirks. "Normally, you don't reach your full potential until you're seventeen years old, but you're turning seventeen soon, and you've already reached your full capability. I would be impressed if I wasn't envious, son."

Lucas stays silent and frozen on his spot, not sparing me a glance as he shoots daggers to his father.

As if he already knows he won't speak, Xavier continues. "So, next time you're with... Emma Sullivan, remember your duty to your kind. Remember who you are. Because you, son, have the power to kill any witch, especially your lovely Emma," Xavier cockily states, before pushing back his chair.

Xavier's footsteps echo through his now silent house, and I don't move from my spot until I no longer hear him.

Lucas stays stiff by the front of his house, and without looking back up, he slowly turns around and walks up the stairs.

I take a step back when I see a blank expression on Lucas's face.

His eyes flash with a hint of anger from my actions, and I slightly begin to fear what his next moves are.

Lucas strides towards me with no stop until he right in front of me. Before I can comprehend what he's planning to do, Lucas wraps his muscular arms around my waist, tugging me closer to his hard chest.

I breathe in his scent as my rapidly beating heart pumps against his chest.

After it slowed down, I slowly began to wrap my arms around his neck, making Lucas sigh a breath of relief.

"Don't worry," he mumbles into my neck as he tightens his hold on me. "I won't give you to them," he reassures and I tighten my hold as well.

No words transpire between us as we remain tight in our hold on one another.

After a few minutes passed by, Lucas rests the palm of his hands on my waist and moves himself back.

My arms hang off the sides of me as he looks deep into my grey-blue eyes.

So handsome, I think before I mentally slap myself.

"Would you rather stay in my room tonight?" He whispers, and I suddenly forget how to breathe again.

"Not to do anything, obviously, but if you'd want to be with me instead of your room... it's your choice," he assures, and I nod.

After he notices the stuggle inside me, he grabs my cold hand and guides me down the hall until we're in front of his room.

Once he's opened the door and turned on the lights, I'm flashed with immediate shock by how clean in looks.

His walls, which were previously painted with bright red as a child, is now dark blue, which matches his bed spread.