Chapter 39

Chapter 39

In seconds, Lucas wrapped his arms around me before setting me between him and Jason. As if they were  supporting me without physically supporting me.

"Okay, tell us," Jason said slowly, and Anthony eyed the three of us with humor in his eyes.

"Why would I tell you the one thing that's keeping me alive?" He asked, quirking his eye brow.

"Tell me," I demanded, glaring at him so hard that I felt like it was only the two of us in the room.

Anthony scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. This action expanded his chest underneath his white button up shirt, and for a second, I was worried how this would end.

I shoved my fear aside as I stood my place. "Emma. What would you have to benefit from knowing who killed your mother and sister?"

"For the purpose of knowing, Anthony. They're my family and they're gone because of this person," I snarled as tears threatened to leave my eyes.

Anthony noticed my armor shattering slightly, and a small smirk pulled up on the corner of his mouth. "It's better if you didn't know."

My jaw clenched before tapping into telekinesis, which I then threw Anthony to the other side of the room, breaking the desk he got that was identical to the one I had at home.

"Emma," Lucas hissed, holding onto my hand, and I let his warmth take over me.

That was the only control I gave to him before I moved my hand out of his hold.

Within seconds, I threw the clock by the nightstand onto  Anthony's forehead, which caused him to fall back down on the broken wood he was now laying in.

"This is an unfair battle, Emma," he laughed roughly as he fought to stand on his own two feet.

"How?" I asked, raising my eyebrows before throwing the lamp towards him.

"Because you know I won't hurt you," he concluded, and I eyed him as he tried to stand up before standing next to Lucas.

"Who killed them?" I demanded, avoiding the ache in my chest at the thought of my fallen family members.

They're still in Vancouver. They have a good life. I remind myself.

It's better for me to deny than to be swallowed whole by the truth.

Once Anthony stood in front of me, my armor returned and a glare as strong as daggers replaced my fear.

"You want to know?" He asked with a clenched jaw. "Fine."

He stood silent for a moment before sighing. "It was Alexander Sullivan," he concluded, and my eyes widened in disbelief.

"Wow," I scoffed. "You can't get him out of my life so you want to make me go against him?"

Anthony's eyes widened, ready to speak up, but I stopped him. "Unbelievable. He did not kill my mom or my sister. What motive does he have? None!" I shouted, and Lucas drew his thumb in the palm of my hand before holding it tightly.

"That's something you have to ask him, Emma, " he said, and my jaw clenched almost painfully before using telekinesis again.

"You're a liar. You always have been," I said dryly before throwing him towards the door, which broke behind him before he landed face down.

My eyes widened for a millisecond as Jason and Lucas ran up to his unmoving body before Lucas bent down to feel his pulse.

"He's alive. But unconscious," he said, slowly standing up before turning to face me.