Chapter 29

Chapter 29

By seven, all three of us were dressed and ready to picked up by the boys.

By no surprise, Lauren was dressed in a black skater dress, and Anna fashioned a short, pearl pink chiffon dress with the top covered in white lace.

After a long time deciding, I was dressed in a baby blue, princess high neck line dress that ends mid-thigh.

All three of us did each other's hair. While I was straightening Lauren's hair, she began curling Anna's.

Lauren finished doing Anna's hair first, which was when Anna went behind me to curl my hair as well.

"Why did I agree to wear a dress again?" I asked once I sat down on Lauren's made bed.

Anna grinned while Lauren rolled her eyes.

"If I do this, you have to too."

"You look great."

They both said, and I tightly smiled as I nodded.

Lauren sat on the wheeled chair across from me and spun around. "Shouldn't the guys be here soon?"

Right when those words left her, Anna's phone went off. "Jason's here. I'll see you girls at the banquet hall!" Anna shouted excitedly before rushing to grab her silver clutch.

"Then there was two," Lauren laughed as she did another spin.

"I'm having second doubts," I pouted, and Lauren glared at me before throwing a pillow in my direction, thankfully landing on my lap, not my face.

"Suck it up. I thought you were excited?" Lauren asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I... I just have a bad feeling," was all I managed to say.

"You think Jason's gonna find out about your little relationship with lover boy?" Lauren asked as she clenched another pillow she had to her chest.

I shrugged, but internally, I was praying that wouldn't be the case.

Lauren's phone rang with a notification next, and she stood up smiling. "Okay babe, Dylan's here. You don't need to lock the door, my mom's home. See you there!" Lauren said just before she left her bedroom.

"Then there was one," I mumbled to myself.

Instead of a text like I was expecting, the doorbell rang, who I assumed to be Lucas.

I grabbed my bag as I tried to contain my smile. As I walking downstairs, I spotted Lauren's mom by the kitchen.

After strapping my bag on my shoulder, I opened the door, and was faced with a suit.

Slowly, I looked away from Lucas's chest and caught his gaze, immediately hypnotized.

His eyes left mine as he inspected my attire, from my makeup, my dress, to my black heels, and I do the same with him.

Lucas wore a black suit with a white buttoned up shirt underneath. His tie was the exact color of my dress. Baby blue.

When our eyes met again, I couldn't help but smile. "You look nice," I breathed out.

Lucas observed my attire again, and swallowed hard before looking in my eyes. "You look beautiful."

My mouth opened, but nothing came out. Lucas has never called me beautiful before.

After clearing his throat, he pulled out his hand so it was in between us. "Let's go?"

I nodded and placed my hand in his, feeling goosebumps form when he tangled our fingers together.