Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Okay Jasmine, let's not do anything crazy," I chuckle nervously, but don't put my hands up in surrender.

She cocks her gun. "Emma you should know by now, my middle name is crazy," she smirks, clearly liking me squirm.

I move a little farther from her, and try to find a way to distract her so I can use my magic.

As if she can read my mind, she takes a step forward and points the gun to my head. "Don't even think about using magic, Emma," she snarls lowly.

My eyes widen slightly at her statement. "How do you know I have powers?"

She smirks again, like what I'm asking is so amusing. "Come on Emma. I know about your conversation with little Adam, and I know you saw the file." Jasmine seems giddy from the whole situation.

Suddenly, she pouts, and drops her hand, letting the gun hang next to her. "You're lucky, Emma. Boss wants you alive. Luckily, I know how to fuck someone up where people can't see," she smirks, taking another step forwards.

Frozen on my spot, I just watch her walking closer and closer, until she's less than two feet away.

Before she raises her hand to throw a punch, she's suddenly knocked down, unconscious.

Looking away from her motionless body, I look at her spot and find the one and only, Anna Feldman.

I glance down, noticing that she's holding her bag by the strap with one hand. I look back to her and raise my eyebrows. "3 textbooks. 2 binders.  You do the math," she gasps out, and a grin spreads on my lips.

"I feel like a proud mom," I say, walking around Jasmine's unconcious body.

"Now lets go before she wakes up," I whisper loudly, turning her around to shove her out of the forest.

Once she's out, I quickly turn back around and grab the gun she used. I make sure it's locked before I raise my hand and throw it deep into the forest.

Just as I'm about to spin on my heel to leave, I lean down and try to find her phone. After a couple seconds of  vigorously searching her body, I feel a slight lump on her jean's back pocket.

Inside I'm yelling with victory, but right now, I'm shoving the phone inside my bag and running out of the forest.

Once I'm seated in the backseat of the car, Lauren steps on the gas. Hard. "Holy fucking shit are you okay?" Lauren shouts, looking back to me with wide eyes.

Anna's texting viciously on her cell, but once she has sent her text, she shuts off her phone and turns around  from her passenger seat, giving me a sad puppy look. "She could have killed you,"  she mumbles.

I sigh, and look outside the window, seeing the school in view. "I don't think she would," I mumble.

The boss doesn't want me dead. He just wants to gather intel on me. And maybe something else too.

I don't know.

I didn't realize I was stuck in my own thoughts until I see we've parked at the school.

I don't even get to say thank you to Lauren before my side of the door opens roughly, letting it swing back hard.

My eyes widen as I turn my head to see a frightened Jason.

Suddenly, I'm off my seat and in his arms. It takes me a couple of seconds to realize he's pressing me against him in a hug.

His  arms are around my back, keeping me in a strong hold. I slowly rest my arms around his waist, leaning my head down on his shoulder, taking in his sweet scent. "I'm okay, Jase," I mumble into his neck.