Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I wait a couple of minutes before leaving Jason's house to avoid possibly bumping into Lucas outside.

What a dick! I begin to think at the thought of Lucas.

Once I've unlocked my front door, I walk up the stairs slowly and make my way to my room.

Trying to fight the urge to think about the past, I open my laptop and search something, anything on YouTube to move my thoughts away from Lucas.

30 minutes later, I violently close my laptop shut, and make my way to my closet.

On the bottom right of my closet, it contains a box filled with stuff that I'd like to keep buried in my past.

But right now, I just want to remember.

Pulling out an old black picture frame, I sit down on my floor and lean against the wall beside my closet as I stare at the photo it contains.

I suck in a breath as I'm looking at the picture of me, Jason and Lucas, which my mom took the day Jason and I met Lucas at the park when we were all 5 years old.

I rest my head against the wall and begin to open my mind to when it all fell apart.

Lucas's mom flashes a picture of the three of us me on Lucas's left, and Jason on his right.

Right before Lucas blows out his candles that are on the chocolate cake in front of him, I give him a kiss on the cheek, and I feel his smile widen against my lips.

Suddenly, a bright flash goes off again, and I peel my lips off of him to see his mom grinning.

"You three are adorable. Now blow your candles out sweetie," she coos, putting her camera away.

Listening to his mother's orders, he blows out all 11 candles. The large crowd around us cheers, and Lucas grins, putting his arm around my shoulders, bringing me closer to him.

I laugh loudly as Lucas ruffles my shoulder length hair, and I feel his chest moving behind me. My smile widens when I hear him laughing too.

He has the best laugh, I internally sigh in adoration.

Once Lucas removes his arm off of me, I take a peak at Jason, and even though his long brown hair is covering his eyes, I know he's looking at the both of us in curiosity.

I open my mouth to say something, but I stop when I feel someone smearing something on my face.

Quickly looking at Lucas, I gasp when I see smeared white whipped cream on his index finger.

I playfully glare at Lucas, and before I can stop him, he pulls out his IPhone 4 the most recent at the time and takes a picture of me.

Rolling my eyes, I begin making my way through his large house to go to the bathroom.

Lucas always tells me if I ever need to go to the bathroom, I should go to his, so that's exactly what I did.

Because honestly, his bathroom was so cool.

It was navy blue, and around the bathroom, had LED lights that you can change the color to.

I chose to do a baby blue color, before heading to the mirror.

Of course, I chuckle. Looking at my reflection through the mirror, I find two lines on both sides of my mouth going up, as if I'm smiling.