Chapter 17

Chapter 17

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V.

A week and a half ago

"Hello, Lucas Scott."

"Who are you?" Lucas growls, trying to piece together who he is.

The tall man laughs. "Who I am is of no importance, Lucas. Not yet, at least."

He takes a step forward, and the little strands of sunlight peaking out from behind the bars of the window help Lucas find his face.

But it's covered with a black mask.

"My darling Jaelyn must have left quite an impression, hasn't she?" The mysterious man grins, and Lucas furrows his eyebrows.

Jasmine clears her throat. "I'm known to them as Jasmine, remember boss?" She reminds him, and he nods.

"Yes, you're right. Sorry my mind has moved on to more important things. Such as Emma," he smirks, and Lucas's fist clenches at the same moment his jaw does.

A deep laugh escapes from the stranger. "Oh this is amazing, isn't it Jaelyn? Lucas is interested in Emma."

Lucas scoffs, and moves his head to another direction. "I don't have to explain shit to you."

A moment of silence wraps around them, and suddenly a strong hand grasps Lucas's jaw, and faces it to the man. "When I speak, you listen and look at me when you're being spoken to. Got it, boy?" He growls.

"The day I obey a fucking dick will be the day I shoot myself in the head for being so stupid," Lucas narrows his eyes on him, and he smiles darkly.

He releases his jaw, and stands up so he towers over him. "Jaelyn, leave us," he says, not breaking eye contact with Lucas.

Jaelyn nods her head once, before heading towards the door.

Once he's heard the door shut, that's when he begins speaking. "I've heard you've been causing a lot of trouble, Lucas," the man smirks, and Lucas raises his eyebrows in disinterest.

"Don't I always?" Lucas drawls, and the stranger laughs under his breath before turning around to pick up a chair from the corner of the room.

Once he's moved the chair in front of Lucas, he sits down, crosses his arms over his chest, and leans back. "You've been fighting a lot recently. You really are no good, are you?"

"Was I ever?" Lucas clenches out.

The man ignored him and continued. "You know, I was like you at your age. Reckless, rude, selfish," he smirks. "A lady's man."

Lucas scrunches his face in disgust, but the man continues. "Which is why I think it would be perfect if you would join Jaelyn and Adam on their target focus."

Lucas's eyes widen. "Adam?" He whispers more to himself.

"Oh, Jaelyn didn't clear everything up," the man pretends to cringe, but Lucas can see the smirk pulling up on his lips.

"What is their target focus?" Lucas sits up straighter, and the man smirks.

"Sorry Lucas, that's private information until you swear into loyalty," the man stands up from his chair, and moves it back to where it was before.

"I'll see you soon, Lucas," he says just before opening the door.

He pauses right before leaving. The stranger looks over his shoulder and smirks. "And it would be preferred if you stay away from Emma Sullivan. Like you did when you were in fifth grade, remember? For your safety, and hers."