Chapter 9

Chapter 9

On Wednesday, I got home and tried to continue my day as if nothing happened.

However my mind caught up with me, and decided to annoy me.

"You're gonna get your magic any day now."

Lucas's voice kept ringing in the back of my head, repeating the same sentence he told me just only hours ago.

As if someone time traveled, Thursday came by in a blink of a eye, and I quickly got ready to go to school.

That day, Jason didn't show up during first period, and neither did Lucas last period.

Sightly annoyed, I call Jason first to ask him where he is, but he hadn't answered.

I then forced myself to call Lucas, however got my ego bruised when he didn't answer either.

Finally, Friday came.

I woke up easily from my alarm clock for once. I leave my bed and do all the things I need to do in the bathroom before heading back out into my room.

I choose to simply wear black leggings and a navy green t-shirt.

Sliding into my converse, I spray perfume and apply deodorant before heading downstairs.

Once I'm in the kitchen, I'm not surprised when I see the glass with orange juice with a note next to it.

Stay healthy! - Dad

Rolling my eyes, I begin heading to the sink with the cup in my hand.

Just as I'm about to pour it out, I pause and take a quick sniff of the liquid inside.

It smells like orange juice. It tastes like orange juice. What could he be putting in the glass to... freeze my powers?

I decide not to dwell on it and just pour it in the sink.

I'll figure it out one day.

I get to school in 13 minutes, walking a little faster than usual.

When I get inside, I start searching for Lucas and Jason, who both still haven't answered my questions.

Once I've turned the third corner, in the very end of the hall, I spot a frustrated looking Jason talking to Lucas using hand motions.

Lucas furrows his eyebrows at what Jason said and responds.

Just as I'm about to step forward to ask them what's going on, I suddenly come in contact with someones chest.

I look up a little higher and look into Adam's sky blue eyes. I give him a small smile and try looking behind him, only to see that Jason and Lucas are already gone. Damn it.

"Hey Sunshine, how you doing?" He smirks, twirling a strand of my wavy hair.

I grimace and smack his hand away. "Good, liking my personal space. You?" I take a step back and really focus at his facial features.

God, he's really hot. Like model hot.

"Same, but I enjoy staying in your personal space," he takes a step forward and I raise my eyebrows.

After a couple moments of silence, Adam tilts his head to the side, looking at me more intensely. "So Sunshine, what about it, huh? Me. You. Date," he smirks and I raise my eyebrows higher if possible.

"Why, aren't you confident," I chuckle.

Noticing I didn't answer his question, he repeats. "What do you say? Wanna go out? Sunday. Noon. I'll pick you up," he demands. Not being able to hold it in, I laugh again.