Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I enjoyed my victory for approximately 2 seconds before Lucas took action.

It all happened in seconds. Lucas lifted up his hand, and a uncapped water bottle was in his hand.

All he did was look at it, and all the water inside the bottle was on me.

Of course, after that I couldn't let him have the last laugh, so I did it to him again, and he did it to me until we were on a full on water fight.

After a couple of minutes of trying to talk us out of it, Jason swore and sprayed both of us at the same time.

We spent the rest of the afternoon using our magic to pour water on each other.

It was a win-win for me. I got to make them soaking wet, while I got to practice using telekinesis.

However, my practice got cut short when Danielle — Jason's mom — walked in the the middle of me spilling a bucket full of water on Lucas.

She was obviously furious, but we thankfully had something up our sleeve to clean up our mess.

Magic, clearly.

Once we've all tired ourselves out, Jason went upstairs to clean himself up for dinner while Lucas left without a word.

Just as I was gonna leave, Danielle gave me an invitation to their dinner tonight, and me being me who doesn't want to see her father, agreed.

I went home to change and came back in 30 minutes to see Jason setting up the table, and his mother cooking a small portion of pasta for 4 people.

The rest of the night went smoothly, and then Thursday came by.

At lunch, it was Lucas's first time joining us in the classroom at lunch, and let's just say, he was more annoying than useful.

How, you say?

Starting with the fact that if I even missed the can by 10 centimeters, I would become the laughing stock of the century.

On Friday, I begged Jason to let me cuss Lucas out of the room, but of course he didn't budge.

Plus, he was videoing the whole time, saying that he has to record this moment so when he's sad, he can look at my failure and it will brighten up his day.

Asshole.

Thankfully I didn't embarrass myself as much, not including the... very strong words I called Lucas when he was recording me.

After school, I told Anna and Lauren that they should go together to the party because I would be occupied with Jason at his house before hand.

They hesitated before agreeing, knowing this will be the first time we went to the party separately, but to make them both feel better, I told them that I'd find them right away.

Once they got more comfortable with the idea, I walked to Jason's car to see Lucas leaning against it.

"Why, the fuck are you here, spawn devil?" I groan, and he laughs dryly.

"Well isn't it obvious? I'm clearly in love with you and am planning to make my move," he grins, and I just narrow my eyes.

"Why do you exist?" I state boldly, and he crosses his arms.

"Because I was God's favorite, duh," he smirks, and I raise my eyebrows.

"You know, if you're such a know-it-all, maybe you should know when to shut the fuck up," I smile politely, and his egotistical look disappears into a look of annoyance.