Chapter 22

I want to give my first shoutout to @ElineVerhees thank you for sticking with me from the beginning!

Chapter 22

Jason's unmoving body is lying on top of me.

I gently move him off of me, and take a seat on the floor before carefully laying his head on my thighs.

He took a bullet for me.

As tears run down from my eyes, I look up and find Lucas holding Jasmine by her neck against the wall next to the entrance of the living room.

I shift my gaze to the other side of the door and find the girls talking to the police on Anna's cellphone.

Looking back down to Jason, I see his eyes start fluttering open. "Are... you okay?" He gasps out and a small laugh comes out from me as my tears travel down faster.

"I'm fine you big idiot," I say, making sure my hands are pressing hard against his wound.

"Shush don't call me names when I'm wounded Em." Jason's lips raise a little bit, but cringes when the pain overtakes him again.

"I can't believe you did that," I continue to whisper to myself. My heart is raising, and I can't seem to get it to stop.

"Emma, please stop crying. I'm fine, I got hit on my shoulder. Nothing major," he tries to console, but my jaw clenches at the scene restarting again in my mind.

Everything was going in slow motion. That's what it felt like. By the time the shot rang through the room, Jason had himself untied, and chose the opportunity to jump in front of me, flying sideways.

Clearly taken back, Jasmine was about to shoot again, but Lucas flies past and grabs her by the throat, making her drop the gun.

It all happened in seconds.

My mouth is ready to retort at Jason's stupid suggestion on the situation when Lucas's voice stops me.

"She's out," Lucas's flat voice rings through the large room, and it's suddenly silent.

Looking up, I find him right by Jason's feet, glaring at the spot he was once standing.

My eyes widen and look by the wall, finding her unconscious in an uncomfortable position.

"Don't worry princess, she's not dead. Just... sleeping," Lucas looks back to me, and a wicked grin is placed on his expression.

"Well that's great news," Lauren's sarcasm bounces off of the walls as she and Anna make their way to Jason and I.

Anna rolls her eyes at her friends behavior, and walks slightly faster to get closer to us. "Are you okay Jason? What am I saying of course you're not okay. How did she get in, did she follow us? I can't believe you got shot. That bitch should totally—"

"Anna you swore!" Lauren cheers, suddenly happy at the thought of her friend swearing.

"Shut up Lauren! Can't you see he's hurt?" Anna gives her a look of disappointment before focusing her attention back onto Jason.