Chapter 45

Chapter 45

"Why are you staring at her like that?" I asked Trevor as I watched him eye Brianna, who was currently entering our fourth period class, Physics.

I was waiting by the back of the class, listening to music from my headphones when Trevor strode towards me, looking somewhat faint.

Seconds later, he looked at Brianna with an intense look, as if he was lusting for something he couldn't have.

Trevor shrugged once he looked back to me and I rolled my eyes before looking to the front of the class, seeing if the teacher was nearby before I could continue.

When he teacher wasn't in sight, I looked to the empty seat on my left and sighed, already knowing that Lucas wouldn't bother sitting beside me.

It's currently Friday, almost a week ago since I had confessed my true feelings towards Lucas.

Him taking it lightly would be considered an understatement.

After those few words left passed my parted lips, Lucas said nothing else before leaving.

The final bell rang right as Mr. Lawrence entered the classroom. Already knowing that Lucas wouldn't sit next to me, I offered for Trevor to take his spot, which he agreed to do.

For twenty minutes, Mr. L had introduced the lab we would be completing within in the next week, but when he realized he left the assignment sheets in his office, he quickly rushed to get them.

It only took a minute to make the whole classroom erupt into conversation.

Yet, while everyone was talking, my gaze moved around the room, trying to find the familiar head of dirty blonde hair. It was no where to be found.

Unintentionally, my attention was locked on the conversation going on in the row in front of me.

"I know," Sabrina, one of my classmates with dark brown hair and matching eyes hissed to her friend in front of me. "Stay away from him. He's no good, Karen."

The girl with slightly lighter hair, who was identified as Karen groaned, throwing her head back before facing Sabrina once more. "But the bad boy act is hot, Brina. Like, really hot."

I assumed Sabrina rolled her eyes before paying attention to her work. She mumbled something to her, but I couldn't hear it. But by the way Karen paled, I assumed it wasn't good.

When Karen glanced at me slowly and noticed my gaze was already on her she whipped her head forward.

"Sabrina," I spoke up suddenly, and she swallowed hard before turning around to look into my eyes. "Who are you guys talking about?"

Sabrina and I were pretty close in some of my other classes so we were on good terms. Yet, for some reason, she looked afraid for her life.

"Lucas," she said slowly, and Karen made sure to keep her attention on her lap for reasons unknown.

Does she think I'll fly her across the room because she has a small crush?

"What about him?" I asked, remembering that Sabrina said she knew something about what's been happening to him.

She cleared her throat. "That he's been in the nurses office since lunch began," Sabrina said, and my eyes immediately widened just as Mr. Lawerence came back into the classroom.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked him with a whisper once I reached the front of the class.

He looked like he was ready to say no, but when he saw my fearful expression, he let me go.