Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I stare at the cupcake in shock.

Suddenly, Adam looks at me and grins. "Give me a second. I swear I put them in here," he then turns back around and continues his search.

I release a sigh of relief and look back at the cupcake - which is still in the air by the way.

I glare at it.

Come down you... delicious cupcake!

Ohh how threatening.

I hit the side of my head, internally groaning. I'm about to try again right before I see hear Adam yell.

"Ah! Found it!"  He shouts. I widen my eyes when I see him begin to turn around, so I swipe my hand in their air and grab the cupcake, shoving it in my mouth.

He furrows his eyebrows when he sees the cupcake smeared all over my mouth, but ignores what he's witnessing. "So... I'll pick you up at 4 on Saturday?" He smriks.

I raise my eyebrows as I'm ripping a napkin out of his hand. "And what's on Saturday?" I ask, wiping my mouth.

My face scrunches up when I see what was on my face though what the napkin picked up.

"The carnival. What do you say, Sunshine?" He then sticks his hand out, cupping my jaw with his hand, dragging across my lower lip with his thumb.

I stare dumbstruck when I see a little of frosting on his thumb, which he then puts in his mouth, sucking it clean.

Wow... smooth.

"I, uh, I don't know Adam. We hardly know each other. What if you're like a rapist on the down low?"

Did... did I just suggest he's a rapist? To his face?

What's wrong with me?

Thankfully, he laughs, thinking it was probably a joke.

It wasn't, but okay!

"I promise I'm not a rapist. Does that ease your mind, or do I have to serenade you?" He sends me a smile, with a little dimple peaking out.

"Neither. Sorry Adam. Plus, carnival's are not really my scene,' I trail off, remembering the last time I was at a carnival.

With Jessica, back in Vancouver.

I erase any thought of her at the moment, so I don't scare him off with my tears. I send him a gentle smile, trying to lighten the mood. "Any other options?" I ask, grabbing a cupcake.

"I've got none so far... you know you're quite strange," he furrows his eyebrows at me as I'm licking the frosting.

I raise my eyebrows, and swipe a little frosting off. I then smear a straight line on each cheek. "I'm strange? You look like you belong on an edible football team," I grin widely and he laughs loudly.

I widen my eyes. "Not because you look edible... like your body... because the frosting is edible and the lines are kinda like what you do when you play football... okay I'm shutting up now," I take a big bite out of the cupcake, and look down, refusing to make eye contact.

When he doesn't say anything for a couple of seconds, I look up, realizing he's looking at me with... admiration?

We stare at each other silently for a couple of moments before I look down, blushing like a clown.

I clear my throat and decide to take a new topic route. "So, what's the time now?"

I wipe my mouth with a napkin as he checks his phone. "Almost 5.00pm, do you want to start heading back down?" He asks me.