Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A couple days pass, and it's Thursday, the last day of September.

Of course, like every other day this week, I'm late. Not to school, but to Jason's house.

Quickly getting ready, I let my hair fall loose past my shoulders, and put on black leggings, matching it with a navy blue sweater that is the softest thing ever inside.

Once I've put on my socks, I grab my phone from my night stand and rush downstairs.

Where the glass normally is, isn't there anymore. Hasn't been there the whole week.

My father still hasn't showed up since he slapped me across the face.

Clenching my jaw at the thought of my father, I grab a hold of a cheese string from the fridge. I grab my bag from the front of the house, tossing a water bottle inside, and a snack to munch on during class.

I'm out of the house, and in front of his in minutes.

Not even bothering with knocking, I swing the door open, grinning when I spot Jason, and Lucas.

My smile goes down slightly when I see their angry expression... aimed towards me.

Jason, and Lucas are standing side by side, glaring at me. I straighten my stance and fix up a smile, giving them an innocent look that would make any fool feel  better.

However, they aren't fools.

Jason takes a step forward. "We agreed. 8.20am, Emma," he says lowly.

Ah, 8.20am.

Ever since  the boys told me the truth, my relationship with Jason improved drastically. Meaning, that instead of walking every single day to school, he would be driving me.

And since school starts at 8.45am, I am meant to be over there by 8.20am.

I'm already failing at that though. In my calculations, I came in at 8.36am.

Oops?

"Well we agreed to be there for each other no matter what," I shoot back, but grimace when I realize what I said.

I cringe again when I see his angry expression morph into bring slightly hurt. "Kidding, kidding. You know I love you, right? Great, let's go!" I shout, trying to avoid getting yelled at.

Lucas stays silent throughout the whole ride to school, and I begin to wonder again why he's even here, considering he has his own car.

We're at school in minutes, and I jump out of the car, speed walking to school.

"Yo, Em! Where you going?" Jason asks from behind me once he's exited his car.

"Bathroom, be right back," I shout from over my shoulder, and he responses with a quick okay.

I'm back outside in a matter of minutes, but can't seem to find Jason or even Lucas near the car.

I decide to turn back and head to school, but come to a stop when I see Jason leaning against the schools brick wall, looking confused at something taking place in front of him.

Following where his eyes are looking, I find them locked on Adam and Lucas... laughing?

I take slow, cautious steps to them, until all three of them notice my presence. "Since... since when are you and Adam buddies, Lucas?"

A unfamiliar look passes on Lucas's face. Happiness.

"Well, yesterday we bumped into each other again and got to talking. He's not as bad as I thought he was," Lucas confesses, and I widen my eyes.