Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Like the angels heard my prayers, the sound of loud banging erupts from the room.

Brandon's hand is burned off of my stomach, following by his lips away from my neck.

I cry in relief.

"Emma, oh my God!" I hear Anna call, running to my right side.

I hear a choked sob on my left, and I slowly open my eyes and find 2 tears streaming down Lauren's face.

Anna's tugging down my shirt, and I find Lauren's hand laying on the bed.

My hand feels as though it weighs a thousand, but I still slowly move my hand until it rests on top of hers.

Another tear slides down, and I tighten my hold. She looks down. "It's okay," I say, my voice choppy voice from all of the screaming.

I hear punching in the background, and I try to lift my head up. "No, don't do that," Anna presses my head back down softly.

"Lucas," I cough out roughly, and they both slowly look at the scene going on in front of the bed - leaving me unable to see what's going on.

"I brought water," a new voice says, and I sigh in relief.

Water. Finally.

Adam suddenly appears in my eye view, fear written all over him.

"Thank you," I smile crookedly once he hands me the cold glass of water.

Lauren lifts my head up a little and allows me to jug the glass down. Once I've drained it, I hand the glass back to Adam, and with the help of Lauren and Anna, I sit up.

Holy shit.

In front of me, Jason is locking Brandon's arms back, and is holding him in front of himself as Lucas is punching him with such a strong force, if Jason wasn't keeping him still, he would be flying across the room.

When I look at Brandon, I realize he's unconscious.

I turn to Adam, and clear my throat. "Tell them it's enough," I speak softly, and Adam's gaze tightens by the thought of helping Brandon.

I raise my eyebrows in waiting, and he sighs. "Guys, I think that's enough," Adam intervenes, stepping in between both alpha males.

Lucas's back seems to stiffen more, but turns swiftly around to face me.

My eyes widen briefly by the dark look in his eyes, and I start to get slightly afraid of him.

As if he senses my fear, he shuts his eyes just before turning back around to motion Jason to drop Brandon.

Jason looks at me and frowns. He drops Brandon, leaving him unmoving on the dark hardwood floor.

Adam removes his attention from them both, and puts it back to me.

Taking a seat by my legs, he gently rests his hand on my knee. "I'm sorry Emma, I should never have left you. I swear, I won't leave you again."

"The hell you aren't! You are the biggest shit disturber of life, now get the fuck out of here, and out of her fucking life," Lucas growls, taking a step closer to Adam.

Adam gently squeezes my knee one last time before letting go. He slowly stands up from his seat, and turns around to face a livid Lucas. "I'm sorry, but why is Emma any of your concern? From everyone's knowledge, you hate her. So shut up, and go away Scott."

If even manageable, Lucas's gaze darkens more in anger. "You know what Adam. You're right. I hate her, but right now? I hate you more, so get the fuck out," he demands lowly, and I look at Jason and beg him through my eyes to do something.