Chapter 31

Chapter 32

E M M A ' S P O V

I woke up another morning, but I still rested on my back, staring at the white ceiling.

I've been here for over four days, but they did anything but torture me like I suspected.

When I woke up after being taken from outside of the banquet hall, I was alone, lying down in a white bedroom, with the same colored furniture and bed sheets.

There was only one difference. Both of my wrists had a three-inch metal cuff wrist lock.

Still didn't know what they were for.

Other than the fact that a person served me a tray filled with food three times a day, I was not socialized with anyone.

Suddenly feeling a surge of confidence, I ripped the white duvet off of me and got out of the bed, only to walk in front of the reinforced steel door to bang on it violently.

"Hello?" I shouted. "You can't keep me here forever, you know that right?"

No response, of course.

A handful of swear words left me, and not quietly as I moved so I would sit by the edge of the bed.

Right when I was seated, the door opened from the other side, and who came in made my face morph into a glare.

"What do you want, Adam?" I asked, but he sighed as he closed the door behind him.

He stayed silent until he was seated on the white butterfly chair across from me. "I just wanted to talk."

My eyebrows raised, and I sat back on the bed until my back was pressed against the headboard. "Go," I said, waiting for him to begin.

Adam bit his bottom lip slightly before slowly nodding. "Emma, you have to know, since September, me or Jasmine had to bring you to the man in charge," he laughed. "Well, you probably connected the dots with that fact."

"Why through?" I asked, leaning slightly forward by how anxious I felt.

He groaned and threw his head back. "At first I had no idea. I thought you fucked with the boss and he wanted revenge. But, it wasn't that. He just... wanted to meet you."

"Why?" I asked again, annoyance growing inside of me by the second.

"Because you're special," he simplified, and my fists clenched.

"You can't just tell me?" I shouted. "Why are you making this more difficult than it has to be?"

Adam's jaw clenched as he briefly looked up. My eyes followed his, and noticed him staring at a camera in the corner of the room.

"You're not ready yet."

My mouth opened slightly. "Not ready for what? The truth?"

Adam stayed silent, and I closed my eyes shut. "Get out."

When I opened my eyes again, I saw him furrowing his eyebrows. "What?"

"Get, out," I repeated slowly, standing up from the bed.

As if he finally noticed my seriousness of the situation, he stood up from the chair and walked to the door.

"I'm sorry this happened to you Emma," he whispered as he banged three times on the door.

"Oh please, call me Sunshine," I glared as I watched him leave this goddamn white room.

Fucking asshole, I thought as I moved to the bed, face planting down when I reached the edge of the bed.