Chapter 3

Chapter 3

After that, Jason left and I decided to bake some cookies.

My weekend resorted in Lauren and Anna coming over on Saturday, which ended up with them sleeping over. On Sunday, they both left at 12, and I decided to go to the gym.

My dad finally made his appearance on Saturday night, claiming he came home Friday night but I was asleep.

Which I completely doubt because I stayed up until 2.00 am watching a bunch of movies.

Next thing I know, it's Monday morning. And I over slept. Again.

Running downstairs, I start heading towards the kitchen and see a glass of orange juice on my island, with a note beside it.

Left early for work, see you tonight - Dad

I clench my jaw, and crumble up the paper. Moments like these, make me feel like I lost both parents, not just one.

Tossing it in the garbage, I grab a water bottle and put it inside my Jansport bag. Looking in the mirror, I check my appearance, which contains grey sweats and a white t-shirt. I shrug, and put my messy curly hair in a bun on top of my head.

I swing my bag on, and head outside. If I leave now I could get there with a couple minutes to spare.

As I shut the door to my house, Jason exits his. Once he looks up, his eyes lighten slightly and waves.

I'm about to awkwardly wave back until I see his door open again. Of course.

Lucas emerges from the house, and I immediately glare at him. As he can sense my eyes on him, he turns my way and smirks.  

"Princess is out finally out of her castle I presume?" He mocks.

He's been calling me princess since he deemed that I wasn't a good enough friend for him. Of course he means it offensively, being called a princess is like being called a brat. Which I'm not.

I give him a tight smile, "Apparently so, but your balls still haven't dropped, have they?"

His smirks is swiped off his face, and the glare I'm so used to returns, "Oh trust me babe, they've dropped," he gives me a mocking grin and continues, "why do you always bring my balls and dick in our conversations princess, want to explore?"

I clench my jaw and point my finger at him, "You are unbelievable you know that right? Why do you always have to be an ass? It's like you're incapable of doing anything nice."

He sneers at me, "Well you aren't an angel either, Emma." I stare at him at shock, and finally notice that we barely have any space between us. When did we move closer?

"Guys! You have to stop arguing. You're like a married couple, but instead of the makeup sex, you just have more arguments," Jason says as he walks up to us.

Once he reaches us, he pushes Lucas back and glares at him, "Stop starting with her Luke. If you're annoyed by her so much, why do you start all the arguments?"

Lucas has no words, and responses by glaring at Jason. I tilt my head to the side, and raise my eyebrows. He rolls his eyes, "You're not all innocent in this," and he walks away.

Jason scratches his neck, and I notice a flush on his face, "I would ask you if you wanted a ride, but considering the scene that just happened..."