Chapter 23

I want to give this weeks shout out to @miaacassanova ! Thank you for always being supportive and patient!

Chapter 23

Lucas and I both hop off of our beds at the same time.

Right as I begin to walk to the white door, Lucas grabs my upper arm and twists me around so I'm facing him.

"You're not going," he states, and I roll my eyes.

"Come on, Lucas. I'm not a ten year old girl anymore. I've been practicing my magic. I'm good," I try to convince him but when his eyes darken, I know I'm not winning.

"You learned you were a witch a month ago. You've barely had enough time to practice. I, however, have almost a year on my shoulders. So no, you're not good," he snarls, moving me towards the bed.

My chest lifts at the thought of him somewhat caring about my well being, but I'm not going to let him handle the hunters himself.

"Lucas, I'm going whether you like it or not," I narrow my eyes, daring him to challenge me.

He clenches his jaw, and looks off to where the door is, paying attention to the flickering lights. "Fine. But you're going to listen to every word I say. Starting with one: you're going to stay behind me," he grounds out, and I nod in understanding.

Sighing, he walks towards the door and I follow. "Can we lock Jason's room without them accessing it?" I ask, and Lucas shuts his eyes almost painfully.

"I can make the room not appear to them, and only to us. I've never tried it, but I can only hope that it will work," he mumbles, stepping out of the room.

I quickly look over my shoulder to Jason before following Lucas. "Do your thing," I bite my lip once we're both outside Jason's hospital room.

Lucas shuts his eyes as he raises his right hand so it's floating in front of Jason's door.

Lucas begins mumbling something under his breath until the boarder around the door flashes a bright neon blue color before dimming.

"What, was that?" I slowly ask, memorized about what just happened.

Lucas doesn't answer, so I decide to ask something else. "How did you do that? You couldn't have used one of the T's. It makes no sense," I mumble the last bit and Lucas sighs.

"It's a long story, Emma," Lucas mumbles before turning on his heel to walk down the empty hall.

Traveling down the hall was pretty unadventurous.

As we were turning on a sharp right corner, two men who looked like they were in their mid-thirties appeared in front of us.

They both looked at each other before a sinister smile was placed on both of their lips.

Their gazes pass between Lucas and I before resting on me. "Emma Sullivan. The Boss seeks your company. Come with us willingly or we will have to use force," both men say simultaneously.

Lucas stands in front of me, but I quickly step aside to give them both a smug smirk.

Before they can comprehend what I'm going to do, my left hand shoots up, and they both fly to the very end of the long hall.

The echo of things falling off catches my ear, and I send a smirk to Lucas. "I know how to handle myself."

Without waiting for Lucas, I turn to the left side of the hall, and continue walking to find anyone else.