Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I'm pushed against a metal shelf, and it takes me some time to adjust to the new lighting.

Once my eyes could see some-what in the dark, I immediately spot two dark figures in the far corner of the room.

"Who the hell are you and why did you bring me in... a janitor's closet?" I finally notice my location when I see boxes of toilet paper, cleaning products and some other stuff behind both of the unknown people on the shelf.

I'm only greeted by silence. "Hello, tu parlez anglais?" I ask, irritated.

"Wow princess, you know french too?" I instantly recognize Lucas's condescending voice.

"First, yes because I went to school in Canada. It's mandatory to learn in grade 9. Second, why the fuck did you drag me in here with, who I assume is Jason."

"Oh babe, you know I love it when you talk dirty to me," he takes a step forward and gently lifts up my chin so I look into his blue eyes.

I smack his hand away from my face. "I wasn't talking dirty, stupide," I mumble the last part, but considering the large intake of breath he took, I assume he heard me.

He puts both his hands on either side of my head and leans down until he's eye level with me. "You know princess, I normally don't take it lightly when people talk to me like that," he says lowly and I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh no, I'm shaking in my boots," I exaggerate before continuing. "Now can you both tell me why I'm here so I can go home?"

"We're not done with our conversation, Emma," Lucas drawls out before taking a step back.

"I'll be here waiting, Lucas," I deadpan.

"You know what? You are the most infuriating women I have ever met! I-" Lucas starts shouting louder until Jason interrupts.

"Enough! Both of you. For once, can you not behave like children?" Jason's angry voice booms through the small storage room.

I widen my eyes slightly. It's not everyday you hear Jason Valentine yell.

I think the last time I really heard him yell was when we were all in grade 6. All three of us went to the park and Lucas purposely pushed me off my swing, causing me to sprain my ankle.

Jason yelled so loud security had to take him out of my room when we were at the hospital. 

Coming back to reality, I stare at Jason. "What is it Jason? Why am I here?" I ask softly, although he doesn't deserve my tone. Considering all the pain he put me through almost a year ago, I should try to sound a little more angry.

"And can we turn on the lights?" I quickly add.

Someone grunts, who I assume is from Lucas. Soon enough, the room is encased with light and I squint my eyes.

When my eyes finally adjust, I stare at Jason warily. "Is everything okay?" I ask when I notice his distressed expression.

Jason cuts off eye contact with me and shuts his eyes tightly. "Yeah, it's just..." Jason stops speaking and opens his eyes so his chocolate brown eyes meet my blue ones once again.

"It's..." He clenches his jaw and looks away.

I widen my eyes. Are they gonna tell me I'm a witch? Wasn't it bad enough I had to hear it before?

Lucas's annoyed groan brings me to look at him, only to see his attention on Jason. "Jesus Jase, any slower?" He looks back at me, and takes a step forward. "You're a witch, princess."