Epilogue

Epilogue

A year and a half later

"Lucas," I groaned, but earned no response from him.

I tried moving from his hold, but all that did was make him tighten his arm around my waist.

My back was pressed against his chest, preventing me from pushing him away, but that didn't stop me from trying.

After a few seconds passed from trying to shove his arm off of me, I finally turned around, expecting to see his eyes closed, but when I saw them open with a smirk on his lips, I glared.

"Not cool," I said, and he couldn't hide his smile before bringing me closer to him.

Of course, I stood my ground and kept him at a distance.

Lucas stared into my eyes, and I tried my best to resist a smile, but he just had a magical power that he still hasn't admitted to have to make me smile when I didn't want to.

When my lip began to tip up slightly, Lucas shifted on the mattress so our noses were brushing. "Hi," he whispered playfully, and my nose scrunched up in disgust when his breath reached my nose.

I quickly shoved him away, a little too hard may I add because in seconds, he landed on the floor with a thud.

Lucas slowly stood up from the floor with a glare while I cringed.

Of course, before I could form an apology, his naked chest caught my attention, and I sucked in a small intake of breath as I watched the muscles on his chest continue on from the inside of his boxers.

"Sorry, baby," I whispered softly once I locked my attention back to him.

By the sound of his nickname, his glare softened before he sighed. "I'll head to the bathroom," his gaze roamed around my face before eyeing the single strap from my tank top that had fallen from my shoulder.

My lips parted as I watched him stride toward the bathroom that's connected to his bedroom before it was closed shut behind him.

When I turned eighteen in March, I spent more time sleeping at Lucas' house, but most of my stuff was in the Valentine's house.

Daniella said to always keep my stuff there because that would mean I would always have a home to come back to.

While Lucas took his sweet time in the bedroom, I fixed the covers on his king sized bed before sitting down by the ledge to check my phone.

When I saw two messages from Lauren, I quickly unlocked my phone before pressing on our chat.

Lauren: Yo, what time are you coming today?

Lauren: Anna said she'd be here by 12. Don't make me be alone with her. She'll rant about how she wants her brother to move across to the other side of the universe.

I checked when the message was sent, and saw that it was at eleven in the morning.

It was almost twelve-thirty.

My eyes widened just as the bathroom door opened. Before I turned off my phone, I quickly wrote a reply.

Emma: Be there in thirty minutes!

I jumped off of the bed and darted straight to the bathroom, but before I could enter, Lucas wrapped his arm around me, bringing me closer to his chest.

For that one second, I forgot I had to leave, and enjoyed being in his hold.

"I need to get ready. Can yo grab my grad dress from the closet?" I asked with a whisper, and he slowly nodded.