Chapter 43

Chapter 43

I watched as Lucas' jaw clench, almost painfully by the looks of it.

In that moment, it felt like everything was going in slow motion before he decided to pounce onto Alec.

So, deciding to risk my life for a second, I stood in front of Alec so Lucas was looking right at me.

"Luke," I said softly, and I noticed his jaw loosened slightly. Just an inch. "Can you take me home?"

Behind me, Alec stepped on branch while standing up, and I groaned at his stupidity. I was so close to distracting him and getting him out of here.

But just as I was close to losing all hope, Lucas looked back to me and slowly nodded. "Okay," he grumbled before turning on his heel.

Without looking over his shoulder to see if I was following his lead, he opened the door and stepped inside before closing it shut.

I looked over my shoulder and threw Alec a glare before jogging to the front of Lucas' black car.

"Thanks," I mumbled once I was seated in the passenger seat, and Lucas didn't choose to reply before turning on the engine.

Lucas didn't give me enough time to prepare before he sped down the street. I had to grip the handle above my head for support.

Thankfully, the drive only lasted a few more minutes before he slowly stopped in front of Jason's house, which was currently empty.

I've gained a new power that I could look into houses.

That, or, I saw there was no cars on the driveway, and I know the Valentine's family uses the garage as a storage unit.

"Just say it," I sighed, and Lucas clenched the steering wheel before dropping his hands on his lap.

"I have nothing to say," he scoffed, and I rolled my eyes at that.

"You and I both know that's not true," I stated as a matter of fact.

Lucas stayed silent for a moment before turning off the engine of his car. After that, he turned his head so he was facing me.

"What's your thing with him?" He asked, and I slowly nodded.

"Alec and I... we used to date for a little over a year when I used to live in Vancouver," I began with a sigh, and he slowly nodded, pressing me to continue.

"We met during second semester in French class, and I would help him out," I laughed. "Which I learned later on that he didn't need help, he was just trying to get me to talk to him."

Lucas' attention was locked on me, and I couldn't hold his stare as I said the next part. "I made him wait a year before we... you know."

He stayed silent, which killed me inside. "It was a month after that until he was caught cheating."

After what felt like minutes, I fluttered my eyes higher so I was looking at him, but Lucas wasn't looking at me. He was glaring daggers outside the windshield while clenching the wheel once more.

Before I could understand what he was doing, he turned on the car before putting it onto drive.

Lucas began to drive down the street at an impressible speed. "What the hell are you doing?" I hissed, and he didn't spare me a seconds glance.

"I'm gonna go kill that fucker," he tried to state calmly but I could hear the anger behind his voice.

Without thinking twice, I tapped into my magic and turned off the engine. Lucas, of course, wasn't happy. Which was shown when he shifted his glare to me.