Prologue

Prologue

2 years ago...

"You're such a little shit face Lucas," I yell at him. This is probably our fourth argument. Since we left the school 2 hours ago.

"Why are you yelling at me! It's not my fault your boobs stole my shrimp!" Lucas, aka the little dipshit replied.

"You put it in there, you- you dick!" A couple silent seconds pass, before Lucas begins laughing and patting his knee. What a fucking cowboy.

"A dick?  Why princess, would you like to see it?" A smirk growing on his ugly face. Hot face, really hot face. No!

"There you guys are. Jeez I could hear you guys yelling in the ballroom," Jason, my best friend finally takes in my appearance, and groans, "What happened now?"

At the same second, Lucas and I begin spitting to Jason ours truths. Well mine is the truth, Lucas just has bullshit flowing out of his mouth.

"Okay! Okay, Emma what happened?" Jason asks. I quickly turn to Lucas and give him a nasty smile before responding.

"I was at the buffet with Anna, and Lauren and this- this shit eating mushroom put the shrimp that was on the table, in my fucking dress. Jason, you said the graduation dinner would be fun. News flash, it's been quite a bust," I say. Jason had hopes Lucas and I would mend our "friendship" that died in grade 5, but alas, that has not happened.

Jason is about to reply because a sound goes off. Checking my pocket, I realize my phone is ringing.

Turning around, I check the caller ID and see my sister, Jessica's name on the screen.

Accepting, I bring the phone to my ear, "Hey Jess what's going on?"

The only response I receive is faint yelling in the background, then a door being shut until my sisters breathless voice booms through the phone, "E-Emma, you need to come back. Ask Jason's mom to bring you. Things are getting bad. Dad's throwing things."

Shit.

"Okay Jess, I'll ask him. I'll see you soon," I hang up the phone and turn towards Jason, "When did your mom say she was picking you up?" I ask.

Jason checks his phone, "About 5 more minutes, what's up Em?"

I rub my forehead in frustration, "Can you ask your mom if it's okay if I carpool with you guys? I need to get home."

He immediately nods, "I don't even have to ask, she'll obviously take you home, we live right beside each other you know?" He gives me a lazy smile. I roll my eyes, thankful he's lightening the mood, "Thanks for the reminder."

Just then I look at Lucas and realize he's giving me a knowing smirk, "Well won't you look at that? We're gonna be backseat buddies babe."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "Um... what?"

He rolls his eyes, making it seem like my question is stupid, "I'm sleeping over at Jason's, meaning I'm getting a ride with you. Possibly with you riding me too," Just as those words leave his mouth, I punch him in the stomach.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Lucas. You're gonna end up with many possible HIV's in the future Jesus," I mumble, as he groans.

Next thing we hear is a honk outside, and I quickly leave the boys to say bye to my friends inside. Once I'm back outside, Jason's in the passenger seat, and Lucas is leaning on the car right beside the open back door, probably waiting for me.

I step in front of Lucas, and am about to go in until his body covers the entrance, "Ah, ah, ah Emma. You must give me a kiss from those sweet lips of yours to enter your carriage ride."