Potions class - liquid luck

(Author's notes)

"SHOUTING"

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

^actions^

// sound effect or flash//

*parseltongue*

I don't own Harry Potter nor do I own the characters
All rights go to J.K. Rowling

Last time
After that they all went to sleep for the night. The next morning when they woke up it was because this time they didn't get a weekend off they had classes the very morning after they arrived at the castle so they changed and Hadrian applied his glamour before they all walked down to breakfast.

Now

As they reached the great hall Hadrian noticed that the annoying trio were sat watching every move that he made. He looked at them and frowned before walking passed them with the other three boys and sat down on the opposite side of Dean to avoid having to hold a conversation with the group. Once they ate breakfast professor McGonagall handed them their timetables and Hadrian smiled when he saw that he had potions first. He looked over at Dean's timetable and said "looks like we both have the same first lesson" Seamus and Neville looked at the two and the Irish boy said "do you have potions too?" Dean nodded, while Hadrian blinked owlishly, "no offence seamus, but how did you managed to get into NEWT potions? Again not meant to be offensive but, your cauldron blow up rate is 9.5 out of ten..." Neville nodded in agreement as the Irish boy shrugged, before adding, "well good luck guys, I have herbology first." after that he got up and started to walk away.

The annoying trio were listening into the conversation and Seamus said "well let's head to Potions then shall we mister Outstanding in OWLs for potions" Hadrian glared at Seamus and said "did you really need to announce that to the entire world, Seamus? " the Irish boy smirked and said "Obviously Harry, anyway we best be going or Slughorn may have our heads" Hadrian chuckled and said "Definitely, he was the former Slytherin head of house for a reason."  after that the three boys made their way out of the great hall with Hermione and Ronald following closely behind.

Once they were in the room Hadrian walked over to the group of people that were stood there and he spotted Draco and discreetly smiled at the boy. Once the class began professor Slughorn walked in and said "okay class, what potion do you believe is brewed in this cauldron? Hhhhmmm Mr Potter your thoughts?"

Hadrian stepped forward and examined the colour of the potion and then smelled it, "well sir if I am not mistaken the potion is Amortentia, a very powerful love potion, however it doesn't actually create love but rather a strong obsession towards the person that administered it and or the first person the drinker sees after it's administered. It is designed to cause infatuation based off of what people are most attracted to, the smell that is produced from the potion is subjective from person to person. For example one person might smell peppermint and chocolate while another may smell the scent of parchment and ink. That is one of the reasons why it very dangerous"

Hadrian then stepped back into the group of other students, while most were giving him incredulous stares, there were a few that were trying not to smirk at the faces and then there was professor Slughorn that had the biggest smile on his face and said "a master of identifying potions by just smell, colour and texture alone you sure have your mothers talents." Hadrian smiled at the man and then muttered to Draco who was stood near him "more like father's talents, mother would probably end up blowing the potion up like Seamus if we're lucky." Draco discreetly snorted at Hadrian's analysis of his mother's potion skills.

Katie bell a student from Gryffindor was looking at the potions and said "sir you haven't told us what is in that little phial" Slughorn smiled and said "glad you asked Ms bell in this phial is a more uncommon little potion, what you see here is a small phial of Felix Felicis more commonly known as li-" he was cut off by Hermione saying "liquid luck" Slughorn frowned and said "yes Ms granger liquid luck, however I would advise that next time you want to answer a question you put your hand up as I don't agree with students shouting out the answer" after Hermione looked away slightly angry, Slughorn turned to the rest of the class and said "now I offer this phial of Felix Felicis to the student who in the hour can produce a perfect version of the potion the draught of living death"