Chapter 2 (Edited)

Chapter 2- The Shadow's New Light

"So, Misaki.. What do you think about Kagami's play?" Riko asked while looking at the first years who are playing against the second years.

"He's strong." I said making her nod in agreement. "But there's something wrong with the way he plays." I added making her nod her head again. "He plays all by himself and it's not fine with me." I answered simply. She hummed in response. When she looked at the first years, she saw Kagami screaming at Tetsu-kun's face while Tetsu stood there calmly, not intimidated at all. I chuckled. I looked at Riko and she blew her whistle. She said some things towards them and they listened.

She walked back towards me and watched them play again. Only this time, Tetsu is already using his misdirection. I smiled as I watch him play. He loves what's he's doing. And I'm happy for that.

"Misaki.." Riko called. I looked at her, beaming happily. "Kuroko Tetsuya.. Is he.. The Phantom Sixth Man of Teiko's Basketball Club?" she asked. I looked shocked at first but I quickly recovered. I nodded, smiling. She looked back at them while thinking deeply.

~~~

Before going home, Tetsu and I have decided to go to Maji Burger for a vanilla milkshake. We sat on a table after ordering and talked about today's practice.

"So you already showed them, huh? Your skills, I mean," I said. He sipped his vanilla milkshake before nodding. "I see. So who's gonna be your new light then?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know yet."

I nodded. I suddenly felt the need to pee so I excused myself to the bathroom.

Third Person's POV

A certain tall guy with red-black hair ended up sitting on Kuroko's table without even noticing it. He took a bite on his burger and looked outside until he noticed the young man infront of him causing him to choke on his own food.

"Where did you come from?! And what are you doing here?!" Kagami asked the man infront of him.

Kuroko blinked his innocent blue eyes. "I was sitting here right from the start. And this place has the best vanilla milkshake," he answered truthfully.

"Go somewhere else," Kagami ordered non chalantly.

"But I came here first," Kuroko replied.

"If someone sees us here, they'll think that we're friends!" Kagami said, a little annoyed.

"But this is where I go almost everyday," Kuroko replied not bothering to tell the guy that he's with someone.

Kagami sighed in defeat and threw a burger towards Kuroko who caught it easily. He's an expert in passing. Of course he was able to catch it easily.

"I dislike weak guys who suck at basketball. But it seems like you have something special in you."

"Tetsu-kun I--- Oh, hey Kagami-kun. Nice to see you here." Misaki said as she sat beside Kuroko.

"M-Misaki? You're with Kuroko? Are you guys--"

"NO!" Misaki replied not wanting the tall guy infront of him to continue his ridiculous question. "Hey wait. Stop stuffing your cheeks like a squirrel. And why are you eating so much fats, by the way? Bakagami! From now on, you should limit yourself from eating so much fats and start eating healthy foods, understood?" Misaki said after slapping the back of his head.

"Hah! As if I'd follow you." Kagami answered before taking a bite from his burger.

"You will follow me unless you don't want to play in official games!" Misaki replied simply while shrugging her shoulders.

"K-kuroko! She's kidding, right?" Kagami said. Kuroko sighed. "Back at middle school, she takes away most of the members from the second or third string just because they disobeyed her." he replied.

Kagami gulped and muttered, "Fine."

Misaki's POV

"Good. Tetsu and I are going home now," I informed, nodding in satisfaction.

"I'll walk you home," Kagami offered making me raise a brow. "It's dark. Dangerous," he added.

"It's not dangerous for me. Tetsu-kun is with me," I answered. He gave me a 'really?' look. I sighed.

"Fine." I said. We walked along the streets silently until Kagami spoke up.

"Just how strong is the Generation of Miracles?" he asked as if it's the most interesting matter in the world. "If I play them now, how would I do?" he added.

"You'd be destroyed instantly," Tetsu and I replied bluntly. Kagami gained an anime vein.

"Do you have to put it that way?" he asked irritably.

"The five prodigies have gone to play for their own schools. One will stand at the top without a doubt," Tetsu replied.

Kagami laughed like a maniac causing my eye twitch. "That's the kind of thing that lights a fire in me. I've decided! I'll crush them one by one and become Japan's best player!" he declared with his eyes, burning. I smiled softly but of course, Tetsu ruined the scene by saying, "That's impossible." I sighed, knowing that what he said was right.

"Hey!" Kagami shouted. I think he took it the wrong way cause he sound offended. He's strong. We're not insulting him or his ability. We're just telling the truth.

Tetsu looked at him seriously.

"If you have any hidden talent, I wouldn't know but from what I've seen, you wouldn't even reach their feet. At your current level, if you go up against them now, you'll be slaughtered by them. It's impossible.. if you're alone." he said making me smile. Seems like he's teaching Kagami to use teamwork now. My happy face was replaced by an insterested one when Tetsu told him something.

"I've also decided. I'm a shadow. But the stronger the light, the darker the shadow and the more it emphasizes the brightness of the light. I will be the shadow to your light and make you the best player in Japan."

Tetsu-kun's not the talkative type of person but when he talks, it's surely something deep and valuable. Kagami grinned. "Do whatever you want," he replied. Tetsu smiled at him.

"I will do my best."

~~~

Just as I close my door to my house, my phone buzzed. I took it from my pocket and read the message.

From: 09*********
Subject: Missing You

Misacchiiii! I heard from Midorimacchi that you entered Seirin! Is it true? It's me, Ryo-chan! ^^

My eyes narrowed. How did he get my new number? I sighed and replied to his message.

From: Me
Subject: Also Missing You

Yes, Tetsu and I joined Seirin. Why?

I changed into my Pjs and laid down, the same time my phone rang. It's Ryota.

"Hello, Ryo-chan. What's up?" I said.

"Misacchi! I haven't heard your voice for so long! I miss you! Anyway, how's Seirin?" he said with his usual cheerful and loud voice.

"It's great. I love my school and my team. What school did you join by the way?" I asked.

"I'm attending Kaijo High! And.. Uwaaa! Misacchi! Kasamatsu-senpai always beats me up! He's worse than you when it comes to punishment! He's so mean to me!" he whined like a child.

I chuckled. "I'm sure that he won't do it without a reason. Knowing how stubborn you are, I know that he did it because you pushed him."

"Neee! You're on his side! You're also abusing me!"

I giggled. "Sorry, Ryo-chan. I have to sleep early. Nice to talk to you again. Good night," I said.

"Good night, Misacchi!"

And there, I slept with a smile on my face, happy that I have talked to my bestfriend after a long time.