Chapter 19- What Really Happened

Flashback

"Satsu, where's Atsu-kun?" I asked, getting panicked. I can sense Seijuro's anger radiating off of him. Dai-chan came here late. And he only came here because I told him to. And now, Atsu-kun is still not here.

"I don't know, Mi-chan! I"m going out to search for him." She volunteered but I stopped her.

"No. Just stay here and look after Dai-chan. I'll go look for him."

She nodded at me so I headed out. I searched for him at the cafeteria and I was surprised when I didn't see him there. Where else will he go?

Dai-chan's been late at practice lately. And sometimes, he doesn't even come. He said he always forget about it. Yeah, I know. How could he forget about it, right?

I was right. The time will come when their talents will bloom and they will surpass the players older than them. And when that happens...

My phone rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at the caller's ID and saw that it was my bestfriend.

"Hello, Ryo-chan?"

"Misacchi, go here quickly! Murasakibaracchi and Akashicchi are having a one-on-one! And they're being serious abo---"

"What?!" I dropped my phone and it fell to the ground. I didn't bother to take it and just ran towards the gymnasium.

A one-on-one?! A one-on-one? Why?

What the hell? Akashi would really agree into this? I know he's mad but a one-on-one?!

I kicked the door open and everyone looked at me except him. Instead of looking at me, he went for the ring and did a lay-up.

"I win," Seijuro declared before looking at anywhere but me.

"Sure. I'll attend practice," Atsu-kun responded as if it was just a little thing to him.

"No. Don't bother. I don't care if you practice or not." Seijuro replied and all of us stared at him in shock.

Even before we could react, he walked past me and out the gym. And I was left here, frozen. Was that really him?

"Misa-chan, what are we going to do?" Satsu asked me nervously. I looked around the gym. They were all waiting for my answer. I didn't speak though, I just ran. Ran after Seijuro hoping that I can still reach him.

Hoping that's he's still the same and will be the same forever.

When I saw him, I grabbed his arm and pulled him back so he can face me.

"Seijuro, what's the problem?" I asked softly. I don't want to yell at him. I don't wanna be mad. Because I know that I can't. I can't be mad to the person I love, can I?

He held my hand that's holding his arm and freed his arm from my grasp.

"Nothing." I shivered. I shivered involuntarily at his coldness. What exactly happened to him? His voice... sounds like his. But also doesn't. Does that even make sense?

"Seijuro, is there something wrong? You can tell me everything. What is it?" I asked.

He glared at me. "I told you it's nothing." That broke my heart. Why is he lying to me? Why is he doing this? What did I do wrong? Is it my fault?

"Seij---"

"Go back there and train them," He ordered, his voice filled with authority. If this is just a normal day with a normal Akashi Seijuro, I would really follow his order but it isn't. It's a different day with a different Akashi Seijuro.