Chapter 16 (Edited)

Chapter 16- I Missed You

It was almost dark when Akashi and I came back. It must be strange but when we were walking, no one dared to talk. Or maybe that was what I thought. I maybe absorbed in my own thoughts that's why I never heard him speak. Or he didn't really speak. I don't know. All I know is that I want this thing to end. I don't want to take this any longer. I want to solve this matter as soon as possible.

I changed into jeans, a simple shirt and a coat over it. I stepped into my sneakers before grabbing my bag.

When I went out of the house, I noticed that all of them were already there and that they were just waiting for me and Akashi.

Speaking of Akashi. Where is he?

"Reo-nee." I called.

"Oh, Mi-chan! Hi!"

"Where's Akashi?" I asked, ignoring his enthusiastic greeting.

"He left already with his car when you were inside. He told us that his father called for him so he needed to go." my eyes narrowed. His father called him? Why? Business matters? Or family problems?

"Oh, can we go now?" I asked.

"Of course!"

"Reo-nee, can you please sit beside me? I have to tell you something."

His happy face was replaced with a serious one in just a second before nodding.

×××

It's been an hour since the bus left but I still haven't talked to Reo-nee. I'm nervous. And also, I don't know how to start and what to say.

A hand was suddenly placed on my head and of course, it was Reo-nee. He didn't open his mouth to say something. He just smiled encouragingly at me and I was fine. I smiled back.

"It's about Akashi." I started. He nodded as if he was expecting my answer. "Well, see, we played a little game. The shoot-and-ask game. And.. he asked me something.. something personal? I don't know."

"First of all, what's your current relationship with Akashi?" it startled me when he said Akashi instead of Sei-chan. But still, I answered.

"Schoolmate, maybe?" I answered unsurely. He nodded thoughtfully.

"I see. And your relationship with him in the past?"

"He was my boyfriend?" was all I could say. It's still uncomfortable for me to say that, you know? And we didn't have any closure making the situation a lot worse.

"Hmm. And do you want to be with him in the future?"

Without thinking, I answered a "Yes. Yes, I want to." My eyes widened. "Wait. Reo-nee, I h----"

"You don't have to take back your honest answer, Misaki. That's all I have to know. You still love him. Am I right?"

I gaped at him. What? Me? No. No.

"No. I don't love him. I can't love him." he raised a brow at my statement. "I just.. can't."

"You can love anyone, Misaki. Anyone." he reminded me.

"No. I really can't. I shouldn't."

"And why is that?"

"Because he hurted me a lot." his forehead creased and his eyes gained more seriousness.

"Hurt you? In what way?"

"He hurted me, Reo-nee." tears started to form at the corner of my eyes and I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't make up words to answer him. I tried to blink them away but it still didn't stop.