Chapter 33- WC: Rakuzan vs. Seirin (3rd Quarter)

Misaki's POV

I ran a hand through my hair before looking at the television in the locker room. It shows what's happening in the match.

I pick up a band in my bag and tied up my hair in a messy bun. I shook my hands and rolled my head in a circular motion to relax myself. I did the same with my shoulders before grabbing my clipboard and my pen.

"Okay, Misaki. It's time."

A smile crept up to my face before jotting down some notes.

*****

The first half ended, leaving the favor to us. 62-37.

I stood up and hugged my clipboard to my chest as I face the door, waiting for them to come in.

The sound of the ticking clock is making me nervous. I can hear many pairs of footsteps coming this way so I straightened myself and looked at the door with a strict and serious expression.

Soon, it opened, revealing my team. They looked relieved after seeing me. I nodded at them and motioned for them to sit at the benches. All of them followed besides Coach Eiji and Seijuro who stood beside me.

"I've been watching the last few minutes of the second quarter." I started. They nodded. "You guys did good," I complimented. They smiled at me. "But not good enough." I added, bursting their own bubble. They waited for me to say something so I did.

"You guys should be ahead of them by forty points now. That's what we planned, right? To be ahead of them by forty when the first half ends."
I sighed heavily. "Knowing Riko's mind, I know they would pass the ball to Hyuga-senp---I mean to Seirin's #4, Hyuga Junpei so they could score more using his three-pointers. And of course, they will let Seirin's #10 player, Kagami Taiga to guard Seijuro. Now, I want you, Reo, to guard Seirin's number 4, is that clear?" I asked.

"Hai, manager."

I nodded at his reply. "Seijuro will be the one to mark Kagami. You can do that."

"What about their misdirection user? He's also a pain," Kotaro-senpai says making me smile.

"Don't worry. I know him too well. They can't use his misdirection overflow now against us. And I know that he doesn't have any plans yet."

"How can you be so sure? The guy's unpredictable," Eikichi-senpai asked, frowning.

I smiled. "Not to me."

*****

"Reo," I called before he can leave the bench and into the court.

He went over to me and asked. "Why?"

I leaned on his ear and whispered something, feeling everyone's confused and curious gazes on me including Seijuro.

Reo nodded at me, determination written all over his face before turning his back on me.

I sat on the bench beside our coach, Eiji Shirogane, who is now currently staring at me.

"What did you tell him?" he asked.

"Just watch 'em play, coach."

He frowned. "I never thought you can be somewhat like Akashi," he informed. I look at him with a smile.

"What do you mean? That I can be intimidating?"

"No. That you also have a split personality."

I laughed a little before shrugging.