Chapter 18- Stars (Edited)

Chapter 18- Stars

I stepped out of the limo after Akashi's chaffeur opened up the door for me. He's not with me now. He just sent a limo at my apartment so I don't have to drive on my own. It's now dark and I can see bright party lights from the inside of Akashi's house.

I sighed nervously before walking towards the mansion. Well, I'm used to seeing one of them.

But seing all of them at same place and time? Nah, I don't think so.

I know this is just a mini reunion but it can change everything that's happening in my life right now. And the thought maked me nervous.

"Misacchiiiii!" I dodged the yellow blur that's heading towards me. Ryo-chan fell on the floor with his face. I raised a brow when he started crying anime tears.

"You're so mean!"

I chuckled before shaking my head. I spread out my arms and smiled. He grinned before hugging me. My face softened. How I miss my bestfriend!

"I missed you, bestfriend," I whispered. He hugged me tighter.

"Me too, Misacchi. Me too."

Someone cleared their throat so Ryo-chan and I pulled away.

I turned around and saw "Yo, Shin-chan! Long time no see," I greeted, smiling at him. He adjusted his glasses before nodding.

I then notice that he's wearing.. a shoe with.. with ears of a bunny on both sides. I didn't bother asking what it's for. I bit my lip to prevent myself from laughing. Stupid horoscopes and lucky charms.

The three of us walked in the enormous mansion.

"Oh? Misa-chin? You've grown." I looked up only to receive a smack on the head by Atsu-kun. Actually, it's not a smack. Well, it just felt like a smack, considering how big he is but he really just patted my head.

I pouted. "You just got shorter, Atsu-kun," I joked. He raised a brow at me before shrugging and walking towards the kitchen.

"Misacchi, I think y---"

"Misaki-chan." I smiled at the blue head infront of me.

"Hi there, Tetsu!" I greeted him happily. He smiled slightly.

"SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN THERE?!" Shin-chan and Ryo-chan shouted while pointing at Tetsu.

"He's been here before I did, bakas," I muttered shaking my head in disappointment. Can't they still see Tetsuya normally?

"Oh.. he he. Hi, Kurokocchi!"

"Hi, Kise-kun, Midorima-kun," He greeted.

"Where's my cousin? And his perverted friend?"

"Oh! They said they're on their way!" My bestfriend explained. The main door opened. "Speaking of. Momoicchi! Aominecchiii!" He said, running towards the two. He was about to glomp on them but Satsu ran and hugged Tetsu while Dai-chan dodged. And my bestfriend was left kissing the floor he loved so much. Again.

"Oh, Misa-chan!" Satsu greeted before hugging me tightly. I hugged her back as I pat her back.

"Miss you too, Satsu." I said. She let go off me and smiled.

"You have so many things to tell me later, Misa-chan!" She reminded. I sighed before nodding.

"Dai-chan!" I said happily as I hug him. He awkwardly hugged me back. "Can I talk to you later?" I whispered in his ear. His body stiffened so I let go and stared at him weirdly. "Are.. you ok?" I asked.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. And, yes, sure. I'll talk to you later."

I was about to say something when.. "I see you're all here." I turned around and saw him.

My heart reacted abnormally. My body stiffened a bit when he glanced at me momentarily.

"It's glad to see all of you here," Akashi said, his voice light.

"I know! I reall---"

"Tsk. There goes her mouth," Dai-chan muttered beside me, cutting Satsu's statement.

"You're so mean, Aomine-kun!" She pouted.

"Hey, Momoicchi, stop imitating me!" Ryo-chan yelled, pointing an accusing finger at the pinkette.

"Ryota, Satsuki, no childish fights," Akashi scolded.

The both of them stuck their tongues out before looking at Akashi.

"Well, let's get this started!" I said happily, breaking the awkward atmosphere surrounding us.

×××

Shin-chan and Akashi are playing shogi. Satsu and Tetsu are watching movies. Ryo-chan keeps on bragging about his new photobook. Atsu-kun is eating, of course. While Dai-chan is just lying down on the couch.

Realizing that I have nothing to do here, I stood up and went to the mansion's garden. I sat on a bench and stared at the sky.

Stars. Millions of stars. Stars who can still manage to spark even though it's too dark. And then there's a moon. The brightest one that gives light to everyone. The brightest one that gives hope to everyone that the dark will soon be replaced by brightness.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I looked at the person who spoke. I smiled and he sat beside me.

"It's nothing," I assured him.

Silence enveloped us once again. I stared at him and he stared back. Then something flashed in his eyes. Pain, regret, betrayal and hope. What happened to him?

"What do you want to talk about?" His voice didn't sound bored, sleepy nor tired as I thought it would be. But it sounds broken.

I averted my gaze and looked down on my hands that are playing with the hem of my shirt. "I-it's about Akashi."

He took a deep breath and when I looked at him, he smiled. He flashed a sad smile. My heart sank. He nodded for me to continue but I didn't.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, changing the topic that brought me chills earlier.

"I'm thinking about you." I looked at him, startled. Shocked.

"W-what?"

"I was thinking about your pain. The pain you felt when he left you broken."

My eyes widened as salty waters start to meet at the corner of my eyes. I looked up to bring my tears back from where they belong.

"And even though he left you, here you are. Hoping that everything would go back to how it is back then."

A tear escaped from my eye and from that moment, I was sure that my tears belonged anywhere but the inside of my eyes.