Chapter 10 (Edited)

Chapter 10- Shopping?

Months passed by quickly and the next thing we knew, it's only a month before Winter Cup. As expected, we won the inter high. Actually, I would've doubted our win if we're going against Seirin but we didn't. After watching Tõõ and Seirin's match, I felt really broken for my former team. I was so down because I wasn't there to help them. I sighed and shook my head, erasing all of the bad memories from my mind.

Hmm. I bit the end of my pen while scanning my clipboard, checking if I've missed something. I swung my legs back and forth while sitting on the bleachers here at the gymnasium.

"Mi-chan!" I looked up from ny clipboard and saw Reo-nee, panting heavily. I raised a brow. I now call him Reo-nee because he sometimes act like a big sister to me. Or a mother. Or both.

"Why so tired?" I asked curiously because I don't remember giving him special trainings for today. "Sei-chan made me run! He told me to run as fast as I can. Anyway, he needs to see you in.." he cut his sentence and stared at my watch. "2 minutes! He told me that you should be at the 2nd gymnasium in one minute and 58 seconds from now or else we're dead." I stood up quickly and ran away not waiting for his reply.

I'm on my way towards the second gymnasium when suddenly, a guy appeared infront of me from the back of the building and we bumped into each other making me fall down to the ground. I grunted in pain.

I opened my eyes to see who it was. My eyes narrowed. Who is this guy? He's too familiar. Is he a member of the basketball club?

After a while of recovering from his shock, he quickly offered his hands, pulled me up and bowed.

"Gomen nasai! Gom--"

"It's fine." I answered. He raised his head and when he saw me, his eyes widened.

"Manager Misaki?" oh. So he's in the basketball club.

"What string?" I asked.

"Second."

"D--" Wait. Wait. Basketball. Second string. Second. Second gym. I glanced at my watch. Shit, I'm 3mins late! "Sorry, but may I know your name first?" I asked quickly.

"I'm Shizuo." I nodded.

"Nice meeting you, but I really need to go. Bye!" I said before running away. When I opened the gymnasium's door, I was shocked to see Akashi standing before me with a very intimidating vibe around him. I quickly bowed my head.

"Sorry! Sorry for being late! I kinda had some business with--"

"With?" he asked with his eyes narrowed.

"Oh, a guy from the second string. Anyway, why did you call me here?" I asked. I wandered my eyes around the place only to notice that it's only the two of us inside.

"Follow me." he said before walking away. I sighed before following after him.

I stopped walking when he stopped inside the locker room. I raised a brow. Must be a private conversation.

"Sit." he ordered and I obeyed him quickly not wanting to make him angrier. He sat on the bench across from me. He placed both of his hands on his knee while I placed mine on my lap. I stared at him, waiting for him to say what he's going to say.

"We're going to have a training camp this weekend and we'll stay there for five days." he said.

"Five days? But Akashi, we have school. Don't tell me we're not going to attend school in three days?"

"I've already spoken to the principal and our teachers about it and they agreed." he explained. This school really treasure their athletes. "Only three players from second and third string are allowed to come." I nodded in understanding.